I just discovered this cool new feature where you can make shortcuts for long frequently ... BlackBerry Bold forum

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E

Auto text

Advertisement

I just discovered this cool new feature where you can make shortcuts for long frequently used phrases. for example i have a shortcut called myadd for my postal address and mymail for my email address etc. all you need to do is go to autotext in options and create a new entry. to sms or mail my address to anyone i just have to type myadd(space) and the whole address is typed out automatically. damn cool! am sure many of u know about it, thought i'll share it for the ones who didnt know. enjoy autotexting!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    You must be a new BlackBerry user. It has been around for awhile now. Curves, Pearls etc.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    i knew autotext corrects typo errors. just discovered that u can customize it to add ur own shortcuts.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    i knew autotext corrects typo errors. just discovered that u can customize it to add ur own shortcuts.
    You have stumbled upon one of the nicest text features of the Blackberry OS. This feature is loved by many and can be used for any text you want!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    It is not perfect. I sometimes use ID (Identification) in some of my emails and texts, but autotext always changes it to I'd

But I constantly use it for words that require apostrophies. It is great when "dont" becomes "don't" automatically.

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm adding new autotexts all the time. I might type in txt, like 'hru' but the receipient will only see 'how are you'

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    I just discovered this cool new feature where you can make shortcuts for long frequently used phrases. for example i have a shortcut called myadd for my postal address and mymail for my email address etc. all you need to do is go to autotext in options and create a new entry. to sms or mail my address to anyone i just have to type myadd(space) and the whole address is typed out automatically. damn cool! am sure many of u know about it, thought i'll share it for the ones who didnt know. enjoy autotexting!
    Thank you for sharing, but this feature has been on almost all bb's that I have ever used.

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    Well, I honestly did not know that you could do that! I have had several BB's now and this is the first time I have actually used it!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Very handy feature. A week or so ago we were discussing possible additions to our auto text dictionaries in this thread.

One of the really nice features on the BB!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I have really found myself using this feature more now! Thanks everybody.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    It is not perfect. I sometimes use ID (Identification) in some of my emails and texts, but autotext always changes it to I'd

But I constantly use it for words that require apostrophies. It is great when "dont" becomes "don't" automatically.
    A solution to that that works for me is to leave the translation of id (or ID) to I'd and set up a new one that translates "IDD" to "ID" - all you have to do is remember those that you've set up. I have tons of additions like that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com