Hi all , I love the feature to turn the phone on and off automatically ... BlackBerry Bold forum

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2

Question auto start and stop applications

Advertisement

Hi all ,

I love the feature to turn the phone on and off automatically at a certain time .
    Now i would like to do the same with applications . For example i want google maps to start automatically at 5PM and exit at 7PM . So i don't have think about turning these things off and on automatically .

Does this functionality exist somewhere in the OS , or maybe with a 3rd party application ?

Regards ,

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Def not on the OS but that may become kinda hairy for the third party apps
    Though it would be very convenient though and ill deff look into this further for ya
    Also a suggestion if you want certain apps to come up when your bb comes on turn them on right before it shuts off or before you go to bed
    Because the turn off feature is like a hibernation state not a complete shutdown ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Schirripal; 04-28-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Checked google and bb app world which prob would be a good place to start
    On multiple apps you might if you haven't gotten it yet where a ton of apps are there to choose from
    That would be the best bet unless someone else might have more input on auto starting apps
    Best of luck though ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I think the auto start would be an app makers choice.
    It would have to be written into the apps programming to accept an auto start command.
    ~via blackberry mobile.pinstack.com~

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think no application designer will implement the option to auto start an application after a battery pull or after the phone restarts (or another EVENT) .

It must be possible to design an application for that .

Also the application could take care of a scheduled start at a certain TIME .

the combination of starting applications based on time or events would be awesome .
    Sadly i am not a programmer .