I found an 8G SD card at Office Depot under $20 and suddenly have 4 ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

Question Audio File Types?

Advertisement

I found an 8G SD card at Office Depot under $20 and suddenly have 4 new gigabytes to fill. I set up an iTunes playlist and dragged (?) all the files to the image of the chip on my desktop. I didn't check the list before I put the micro SD back into the Bold, but many of the files that transferred to the card did not load into the media player. I assume mp3 is OK, but what other types can I import. Does anyone know what audio file types the 9700 will read.

This method seems a little primitive. I'd love to learn other ways users are getting media files from their computer into the phone. I use a MacBook.

I also read a thread a while back that recommended another music player for the Bold. I've looked in App World, but don't recognize the name. Recommendations on media players that are known to work well with the 9700 and where to find them would be appreciated.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just searched na.blackberry.com and found a link to a knowledge base article: Media types supported on the BlackBerry smartphone

Supported Audio Types:

3GP - Codec: AAC-LC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB
    AVI - Codec: MP3
    WMV - Codec: Windows Media Audio 9 Standard/Professional , and Windows MediaŽ 10 Standard/Professional
    MP3 - Codec: MP3

***NOTE: This KB article does also include Video supported types!!!

PIN/ID
    23E81EC0
    Thanks for the link to the table, fatboy97.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not a problem... I know this has been asked a few times before on other websites and this is the first time I've actually found something with not only audio, but video as well.

PIN/ID
    23E81EC0
    The only files that would not play had a "protected" label (DRM I suppose). They appeared to be mostly purchased music, but surprisingly, there were a few I had ripped from my CD collection.

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    There are ways around DRM but obviously I cannot post them because I think its actually illegal.

You might as well use a decently encoded high rate MP3. As long as you are not a snooty audiophile, you arent going to tell the difference between 192 or 256 encoded mp3 vs Flac vs acc vs ogg vs Wav vs shn.

As long as you dont take an mp3 and constantly encode it and decode it and back and forth, you ears wont know the difference.

I say this because why shouldnt you get the most out of your SD card?

My netbook has a SD card reader so I just put my music files directly onto my card. I also dont suggest ripping your cds using itunes because then you run into issues like DRM and some files that your phone might not read. I have gotten some acc files that my phone has read and others that it hasnt, most likely due to being corrupted by constant ripping.