I found out tonight that, because of the recent price reduction on the Bold 9700, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

AT&T Price Reduction-will issue credit

Advertisement

I found out tonight that, because of the recent price reduction on the Bold 9700, AT&T will issue a credit to your account if you paid the original $299 for it. It's now going for $199 (or $99 after rebate). This is what I was told when I went to a local store. That's a nice early Christmas present!

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I, too, got the $100 credit to my account... but what I was denied was the rebate.

I got my 9700 prior to the 22nd, and was unable to use the rebate form effective 22nd and beyond. Oh well... :-(
    I'm a born again Androider

That's not fair! :-) If you got it from them, they should honor the rebate. Maybe you could get a rebate form and give it a try anyway. All they can do is say no!

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I did submit using a form for before the 22nd, and the attached image is a snapshot from the rebate site....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg q.jpg (103.9 KB, 16 views)

That's odd. That can't be for the Bold 9700 because it didn't even come out until after the expiration date. Maybe there's a different form for the new Bold that's current. If mine wasn't already filled out, I'd copy it and send it to you. It may be that, because it didn't come out until after the 22nd, they won't honor a rebate form for it that's dated before the launch date. If you have more than one AT&T store available to you, you might try a different one. I've had really different experiences going to different stores (our house is halfway between two stores so we go to both of them).

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i purchased mine on the 16th... and it arrived on the 17th... so i had to use a form for before the 22nd.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I just called and was told that as long as I was within 30 days of purchase I can get the price reduction rebate

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851
    Im on the phone with att now so i will let you know how things go

Recap: Just got off the phone with AT&T and they gave me a credit for 100.00. Thanks AT&T
    Last edited by dchandler; 12-11-2009 at 06:15 PM.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    And FYI I just called the ATT store to see what my price was since I'm not eligible for upgrade, she said the no contract price is $350 until Christmas because of a special they have going on. Not bad at all
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Apparently 9700 sales are a bit soft for AT&T.

I called today for a second Droid that I plan to do some mods on.

In the course of placing the order, I was offered a baby bold 9700 for just $99.00. Considering I've used up my upgrade eligibility, that's a great price.