Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEW YORK (AP) — A delayed top-of-the-line BlackBerry phone from Research in Motion Ltd. is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2

AT&T Still Testing The Bold

Advertisement

NEW YORK (AP) — A delayed top-of-the-line BlackBerry phone from Research in Motion Ltd. is still undergoing testing by AT&T Inc., and RIM's co-CEO implied that the carrier wants to avoid the chorus of complaints about performance that greeted the new iPhone this summer.
    RIM said in May that the BlackBerry Bold 9000 would go on sale this summer. It has gone on sale in some foreign markets, but it's still not available in the U.S., and no date has been announced.
    RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaridis said Thursday that the phone is still undergoing the certification process in which AT&T tests all new handsets to make sure they work well on its wireless network.
    "There's great scrutiny, as you might know, on that network and a certain device. So I guess everyone wants to be sure on every last test," Lazaridis told The Associated Press.
    Apple Inc.'s iPhone 3G went on sale in July, with AT&T as the sole U.S. carrier. Customers soon started complaining of slow data downloads and dropped calls on some units. AT&T and Apple have not directly acknowledged a problem, but Apple has released a software update that was supposed to improve performance. The majority of iPhones appear to be working well.
    Lazaridis appeared confident that the Bold would not be subject to the iPhone's problems.
    "We're very meticulous about what our product does," he said.
    AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel would not confirm that the Bold was still in testing and said only that it would come out this year.
    The delay of the Bold's U.S. launch has weighed on RIM's stock. The Waterloo, Ontario-based company will now be launching several new phones at once in the coming months, and said last week that expenses from those rollouts would eat into short-term profits.
    RIM's U.S. shares fell $1.04, 1.7 percent, to close at $60.96 on Friday.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...VNbeAD93J8PSO0

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Good looks on the info!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well at least they are still testing to get it out, I heard ORANGE just simply dropped the idea of putting it out all together due to bugs the Bold has. I was very steamed with AT&T but in hindsight they want to make sure they are putting out a great product. Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Indeed, Orange dropped the Bold until further notice. What a mess.... thank god it works so flawlessly in Canada (after upgrading to the latest beta OS)

sehall3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    218767dc
    I am glad to hear that ATT is looking to launch the Bold only after it meets its standards. I am so anxious though.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Great Find!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Im glad they are looking into it also. I hope it out before my birthday in Dec.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    This just confirms that AT&T is causing the delay. NOT RIM.

If AT&T wants to test the Bold indefinitely, people should not be blaming the delays on RIM.

When will it end? With each new Beta OS released, does AT&T start testng all over again?

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3
    I guess i can't be mad. They want to put out the very best--i don't blame em. It would suck if it came out and had all the issues the iPhone had. All bad. Real talk, i just want a new phone and i refuse to buy anything besides a Blackberry so i guess i'll continue to wait...

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Hmm I'm not sure what to think about all that. I guess it concerns me a little that if the Bold is having so many issues then what about the other new phones also with newer OSes?

Doesn't seem like 4.6 should be that much different from 4.5 or even 4.3. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't think the Bold has any issues. How can you claim fault with RIM. They have released the device every where else EXCEPT the States.

To me, that indicates they problem is not with the Bold, but with AT&T.

But that is just my opinion. If all the other GSM / 3G Networks around the world are using the Bold, how can it have issues?

Unless AT&T does not use a GSM standard, or they have some other problems that they are not revealing to the public

Either case, the problem is with AT&T

To me, that is just common sense.

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I don't think the Bold has any issues. How can you claim fault with RIM. They have released the device every where else EXCEPT the States.

To me, that indicates they problem is not with the Bold, but with AT&T.

But that is just my opinion. If all the other GSM / 3G Networks around the world are using the Bold, how can it have issues?

Unless AT&T does not use a GSM standard, or they have some other problems that they are not revealing to the public

Either case, the problem is with AT&T

To me, that is just common sense.

Actually, Orange UK has suspended sales of the Bold due to problems with the device. It's entirely possible that the problem is with the phone and not AT&T...

Splitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Then what's T-Mobile's excuse for not getting it yet?

They waiting on AT&T to fix the "Bugs" on their own network?

bigsho no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitz View Post

They waiting on AT&T to fix the "Bugs" on their own network?
    no, RIM would have to submit a "Bold" for tmobile to the FCC as a whole new device since tmobile uses such an uncommon band for 3g..the chipset would be completely different. Technically, tmobile could release the bold as it is today, but 3g would never work on it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitz View Post
    AT&T has an exclusive on the Bold. No other carrier will get the Bold until the exclusive expires. When the Pearl first came out T-Mobile had the exclusive which allowed them to be the only carrier to sell it until their exclusive expired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast