Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lol, I don't even get voicemails anymore for personal calls. I get a call, if ... BlackBerry Bold forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Lol, I don't even get voicemails anymore for personal calls. I get a call, if its missed, I generally get a text about what it regarded if it was important.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just upgraded to .234 from .167 and also has visual voicemail and it changed my voicemail msg icon to a folder yet I can't access the VVM due to what was previously stated, they might as well push the books out for this and it better be free, lol

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Crackmem was updated to remove the vvm modules from the OS (prior to installing it), or you can remove those modules manually (not sure of the exact names, but they all had vvm in the filename). I've also used Mobylo Surewipe (paid version) to remove them (and just did a battery pull reset afterwards, and voila! the normal voicemail things returned, or at least a vm notification appears now).
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe that the bold should have it, it would really be useful as it is on the iphone instead of dealing with a voicemail box number!
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

shawnvictor no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm wondering if this is avail. with the .219 OS or do they have something avail in the next couple of months. Also do they have any other visual voicemail apps for other devices?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Until AT&T pushes service books to it's Bold users, it does not matter. The service books are the key to getting it working. You will not even need the "latest" os.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    well, i do have the option to put blackberry visual voicemail on the phones from my work, i cant get it provisioned right. so im sure its coming out very very very soon. just keep a lookout, .224 should be the official release of the at&t update in which that will carry visual voicemail...
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Until AT&T pushes service books to it's Bold users, it does not matter. The service books are the key to getting it working. You will not even need the "latest" os.
    But you will need an OS that supports VVM. The current AT&T release .167 does not.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
    But you will need an OS that supports VVM. The current AT&T release .167 does not.
    I'm sure they can push it out over the air with service books as they did with the Yellow Pages, no?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    I'm sure they can push it out over the air with service books as they did with the Yellow Pages, no?
    Yea, the service book is key to making it work. Once they push the SB to us any who don't already have the icon , it will appear just as when you set up your email accounts. I seriously thought the would release an OS with this to fix the issues with .167. Seems like the best way to it, that way to the general public it doesn't look like oops, we sold you a very expensive phone with a sh*(y OS. Not everyone knows how to go about up loading a OS or that there is even beta ones out their. I ran into a Bold at&t user at Mcdonald s the other day, she said she loved the phone but it acts up sometimes so she's think about returning it and getting an i phone. Hopefully not as I told her about pinstack.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
    Sorry but I do not agree. I think the service books will be pushed to your device and maybe at the most a battery pull will be required and you are good to go.

Updating to the latest and greatest OS is over rated! I have to smile at some of the claims people make after they updated their OS. Long ago I used to chase the latest OS but found so little difference it was not worth.

I learned to just relax and enjoy my Bold.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Sorry but I do not agree. I think the service books will be pushed to your device and maybe at the most a battery pull will be required and you are good to go.

Updating to the latest and greatest OS is over rated! I have to smile at some of the claims people make after they updated their OS. Long ago I used to chase the latest OS but found so little difference it was not worth.

I learned to just relax and enjoy my Bold.
    I totally agree about newer OS updates. Still using the official AT&T release and it functions just fine. But I'm not so sure a service book push will provide VVM device operation.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Yep, I am still on my original AT&T version and have had zero problems.

On my first Bold from Rogers, I updated over and over and never saw a huge difference. It has all been good for me but we have excellent 3G coverage in Jacksonville and even when traveling, my service has been really great!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Any idea on when att will release the service books for this?

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A
    That sounds great! I will like to have visual voice mail, it sound like a real handy feature to have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast