Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, it appears that all of the initial Blackberry Bold returns have finally come through ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

AT&T Offering Refurb Bold!

Advertisement

Well, it appears that all of the initial Blackberry Bold returns have finally come through as refurbished units for AT&T subscribers!

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=BlackBerry%C2%AE+Bold(TM)+(Refurb)&q_sku=s ku3310290

Pricing is reasonable at $249.99 with no rebate available.

I've gotten refurb devices before and they have always been perfect!
    Last edited by mjwood0; 01-03-2009 at 02:00 PM.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I sent 4 back two that were new in a box and two that were refurbished. Number 5 looks like its holding its own.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Hope those customers don't end up with any of the 5 that archer and I have returned. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    hope those customers don't end up with any of the 5 that archer and i have returned. ~via bb (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Hope those customers don't end up with any of the 5 that archer and I have returned. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree 100%. It's also important to note that AT&T has new criterion for what constitutes a "refurbished model" along with the new 90 warranty.

The changes are very comprehensive & far too long to be posted here. So I would encourage anyone considering gambling on a refurb, to take the hour or so that is required to read the "fine print" to do so.

Good Luck

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I sent 4 back two that were new in a box and two that were refurbished. Number 5 looks like its holding its own.
    I think you are secretly related to Archer

According to an unnamed insider, the Bold has the highest return rate of any smartphone from AT&T....stagering!

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I've been considering this for a few days now... I want the 8900 but I read about how AT&T is trying to reduce the EDGE network over time (changing frequencies, etc). So the Bold might be my upgrade. :-/

I know the process won't be an overnight thing but it still will linger in my head...
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 01-04-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I've purchased many refurb phones from ATT and never had a problem. But from what Archer is saying it sounds like it may no longer be such a safe bet!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    I've been considering this for a few days now... I want the 8900 but I read about how AT&T is trying to reduce the EDGE network over time (changing frequencies, etc). So the Bold might be my upgrade. :-/

I know the process won't be an overnight thing but it still will linger in my head...

I don't think I'd worry too much about getting the 8900 and finding out the EDGE Network is being reduced. They are gonna have to to have a lot more market penetration of 3G devices and corresponding 3G coverage before they can start reducing the EDGE Network. Looking at the Coverage Viewer on the ATT site it doesn't look like they are anywhere near that kind of coverage to have any business reducing the EDGE Network. I don't doubt that may be a long term plan for them but looking at the current situation and rate of expansion I'd say it will be several years off before they can seriously consider anything like that since there are far too many people that don't have 3G devices yet and 3G coverage is only around a few major metro areas. Remember even the 3G devices still need a solid EDGE Network when 3G isn't available. I would get the 8900 and not worry about it. You will long since have moved on to another new device before ATT finally gets around to phasing out the EDGE Network.

Tucker

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I hear that Best Buy has them for $249 now.

Get it down to $199 and I may consider it.

Can I use my AT&T upgrade eligibility to buy a device at Best Buy?

A word of caution:

" Looking at the Coverage Viewer on the ATT, or T-Mobile, or Verizon, or....well you get the idea."

Remember "coverage maps are sales tools"

I ask this question: has anyone taken the time to read the long & involved fine print which is called a disclaimer? I have.

There is no substitute for taking advantage of the carriers trial period. Anything less is laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    I hear that Best Buy has them for $249 now.

Get it down to $199 and I may consider it.

Can I use my AT&T upgrade eligibility to buy a device at Best Buy?

Yes, enjoy gambling.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    I don't think I'd worry too much about getting the 8900 and finding out the EDGE Network is being reduced. They are gonna have to to have a lot more market penetration of 3G devices and corresponding 3G coverage before they can start reducing the EDGE Network. Looking at the Coverage Viewer on the ATT site it doesn't look like they are anywhere near that kind of coverage to have any business reducing the EDGE Network. I don't doubt that may be a long term plan for them but looking at the current situation and rate of expansion I'd say it will be several years off before they can seriously consider anything like that since there are far too many people that don't have 3G devices yet and 3G coverage is only around a few major metro areas. Remember even the 3G devices still need a solid EDGE Network when 3G isn't available. I would get the 8900 and not worry about it. You will long since have moved on to another new device before ATT finally gets around to phasing out the EDGE Network.

Tucker
    As I walked through the mall today and was messing with the Bold (for the millionth time) I thought about it more and I agree. The 8900 is what I originally wanted and it makes no sense to get impatient and get something I just settled for and didn't actually want. And like I said, and you added, the reduction won't happen for a long time even in the best case scenario.

So, sorry Ms. Bold, Ms. Javelin is still sexier than you, and will continue to be... just hurry and release her ATT!

And thanks, Tucker, for your insight.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Still feeling pretty lucky my bold number one and only was right straight out of the box. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast