Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Do I get the Bold first or do I vote first? I have the day ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Do I get the Bold first or do I vote first? I have the day off for the election, so I must choose. It's a perk of working for county government. If I get the Bold first, I could always play with it while I wait to vote... sounds like the better option.

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2
    I have been having the same debate with myself. I think your right on the better option. My work gives me 2 hours off to vote and sadly I will probably take .5 day vacation to enjoy my new Bold and not have to act like I'm working.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by psallee View Post
    Sadly I will probably take a 5 day vacation to enjoy my new Bold and not have to act like I'm working.
    That's Great!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Haha I have Bold's set to arrive in todays shipment!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have mine in hand, fresh off the FedEx truck....

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Its not a AT&T Branded one LOL

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Its not a AT&T Branded one LOL
    lol!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh yeah because that makes a HUGE difference huh RSC jk

PIN/ID
    LESS
    It does Haha!! Some people with Roger's one are seeing any CV icons on their devices.

In typical BlackBerry fashion I got my new Bold up and running in just minutes. Did a sync with Outlook and I'm good to go! Runs on the AT&T network quite nicely and I can now relax and just enjoy it....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Anxious to hear how you like it, Archer.

Just got done reading the review of the 8900 and it's gonna be a tough choice!

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Just got done reading the review of the 8900 and it's gonna be a tough choice!
    I'm impressed with how much better the Bold looks in person than in the pictures. Not that I thought it was ugly, but not anything stunning until I unboxed it. However that said, even without seeing it, I like the 8900 styling the very best.

Bold 9000: the material on the battery door makes it very secure to hold and there is no sensation of being easy to drop. While it's far too early to write a report, I can say that it has exceeded my initial expectations handily. Frankly the one big draw was / is 3G. At first I thought I could easily pass it up as I'm not one to be drawn to the multimedia features like video etc. For me it's about mobile communications, running Outlook, and having a good interface via keyboard & display. As I had heard repeatedly, the display is indeed simply stunning, the keyboard a great relief as I cannot stand the one on my 8820 and they look so similar, yet the way this one is designed and built is ergomically superior to the 88xx series.

Curve 8900:
    I still think the 8900 is a terrific model, if only it had 3G. Which if the map that I saw for future models is correct then a 3G 89xx will indeed be availbe in less than a year, possible less than six months. If it would have been available now it would be a no contest decision as this Bold simply has more multimedia features than I will use.

I need to investigate the 3g coverage here in the Greensboro, (and outlying) NC area, but I think a 3g Curve might be the ultimate device for me. I've yet to handle a Bold, though, so that thought process could very easily change!

Thanks for the mini-review!

Roger

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Anyone with the Bold - I know that the Bold comes with AT&T Navigator, I was wondering if anyone had or have Mapquest Navigator and if so which do you think is best on the Bold? I have a subscription with Mapquest and I need to know if I should let it go or keep it, after all it is less expensive than AT&T Nav.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Anyone with the Bold - I know that the Bold comes with AT&T Navigator, I was wondering if anyone had or have Mapquest Navigator and if so which do you think is best on the Bold? I have a subscription with Mapquest and I need to know if I should let it go or keep it, after all it is less expensive than AT&T Nav.
    So we take it you're upgrading next week, DJ?

Does MQN have voice?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast