Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So, it looks like Best Buy is going to beat AT&T to the release, at ... BlackBerry Bold forum

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2

AT&T cost

Advertisement

So, it looks like Best Buy is going to beat AT&T to the release, at least in some cases. I am trying to figure out if its worth it to wait for AT&T. I keep seeing a $299 cost with two year contract, but if I'm alreay with AT&T what is the charge. The lady at BB told me it would be more, but I'm guessing thats because she wants me to spend the money there.

New contract was $349 and upgrade was $419 at BB. Does anyone know how AT&T pricing works?

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    I talked to an AT&T manager and with a contract it's $299.99 after a $100.00 rebate.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    For Best Buy, I am hearing mixed things in regards to the Bold's price. But, the only thing I have seen on 'paper' (online ad at Best Buy's website) is the same as what you said.

For AT&T, there is usually a rebate involved, especially for high end phones - an instant and a mail-in. I would love to believe that it will be $299 before the mail-in rebate, but I doubt it. I think it will be $399 after instant rebates, and $299 after mail-in. The MIR will probably require signing up for at least a BB Personal data plan, on top of the 2-year agreement.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    As stated above, and that would be a Current Customer eligible for upgrade as well. Without an Upgrade a Current Customer would have to pay Full Price.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Skier, I believe the MIR requires that you have unlimited msg or ???. I can't remember what the second one was.

I think it depends on the phone... for a BB for example you have to sign up for the BB data plan or $20 messaging plan to get the rebate

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Unlimited Messaging or Blackberry Data Plan.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is the BB Data plan still $20 or is it $30 now with the 3G?

The blackberry personal data plan has been $30. The unlimited messaging plan is $20.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yup BB Data Plan has always been $30 bro.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The Bold is finally available on Best Buy, but all I see is a flat price of $679.99 without a contract - no contract price. I don't think AT&T has formally announced a no-contract price, but that's pretty close to what's been said.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9062382&st=BlackBerry+Bold&lp=1& type=product&cp=1&id=1218014206238

AT&T has only announced an "as low as" price of $299.99 - presumably with a 2 year contract.
    http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=26072
    Last edited by jdellasala; 10-27-2008 at 06:15 AM.
    JerryD

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Can anyone else confirm if the price is $299 before or after a rebate?

It is unclear in the press release...

"BlackBerry Bold smartphone will be available in the United States for as low as $299.99ą

ą With two-year contract and qualified voice and data plans. Other conditions may apply.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaus View Post
    I talked to an AT&T manager and with a contract it's $299.99 after a $100.00 rebate.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by ccostel View Post
    Is the BB Data plan still $20 or is it $30 now with the 3G?
    It has been $30 and was never $20. Plus if you want unlimited messaging, you will need to pay more.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    It has been $30 and was never $20. Plus if you want unlimited messaging, you will need to pay more.
    If you're fortunate enough to have a Falmily Talk Plan with AT&T than the Unlimited Messages (Pictures, text) would be an additional $30 for every phone on the account.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Yep, I use a family plan for my company with 5 Blackberrys and 3 regular phones. Did not know this about the texting as we only do email.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast