Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So $549 without a contract... does that include the rebate or would the rebate even ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

So $549 without a contract... does that include the rebate or would the rebate even apply? At $449, i'd think about just buying it and not have a contract.

maddmike53 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hope it's 299, 399 is crazy!!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    There are never any rebates with purchasing it at the full retail price. the $299 should be before rebate.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_d83 View Post
    WOW are you serious!! i don't know that i'm goin to get that now then!! that is too much!! i don't care what it can do! for them to delay the launch over 3 mos and then charge 400 bucks is ridiculous!!
    This is just what I heard. They are not charing $400 in their eyes if they are giving you a $100 mail in rebate (MIR).

It is sad but this is a nice phone, how much are they charging for the Curve? That will give you some idea.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Mail in Rebates are a scam. If they intend to give it to you. Why not an instant rebate?

They are hoping you forget to mail it in. Even if you do mail it, they take their sweet time to process it.

Not to mention you will be paying tax based on $399, you don't get a rebate for the tax. So is it really $100?

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Can anyome confirm if the $299 is before or after the rebate? This is what the press release says...

"BlackBerry Bold smartphone will be available in the United States for as low as $299.99š

š With two-year contract and qualified voice and data plans. Other conditions may apply."

It does not mention anything about a rebate.
    Last edited by walds11; 10-25-2008 at 06:31 PM.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Tax is always based off the full retail price which is governed by the franchise state tax board. So complain to them.

Rebates take about 30 days to get back. Never had to wait more than a month for one.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The problem as I see it, stems from the fact that say the rebate is $100. Well you don't get $100 back to spend any way you like. You get an "AT&T" card to use for future purchases or accessories, etc. Thus it's nothing but a ploy to capture that money and have it returned to them. And as someone already posted, AT&T (and every other merchant that uses mail in rebates) counts on a certain percentage of the customers never applying for the rebate. Just as an aside, the current national statistic for MIR's that are never applied for is 36%, that's a huge amount of additional revenue for AT&T.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    its a AT&T card backed by Visa, which I have been able to use anywhere even to pump gas. its up to the idiots at the retail locations or places of business's one goes to try and use that do not know how to run their Credit machines properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    its a AT&T card backed by Visa, which I have been able to use anywhere even to pump gas.
    That's good to know. I have no personal experience, just went into an AT&T store & was told that it was only good for use in their store. Once again proving that unfortunately one cannot rely on what they are being told. I must say that it seems AT&T could get it together on the sales floor. Apparently it matters little to them.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its the downfall for not coming to my store. Lol.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Yep, my last AT&T rebate card was used at Ruth Chris! They are good anywhere credit cards are accepted.

I truly hope that the Bold is $299 with out any rebate for all of you. I bought mine when the first came out to Rogers and it runs very well on the AT&T network, I paid almost three times that amount. Considering the length of time it has taken for AT&T to get the Bold out, I feel I got my money's worth. I will be at AT&T on 11-4 to buy two Bolds, one for me and one for my VP. I will retire my perfect Rogers Bold to eBay.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I'm buying 3, one for me, one for my friend and another to cover my costs, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its the downfall for not coming to my store. Lol.
    That's for sure...

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~AAA Quality Service Here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast