Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

According to BlackBerry Today, it looks like October 27 is the actual date. http://www.blackberrytoday.com/artic...0-AT-T-to.html The ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

AT&T Bold Release Date

Advertisement

According to BlackBerry Today, it looks like October 27 is the actual date.

http://www.blackberrytoday.com/artic...0-AT-T-to.html

The BlackBerry Bold is almost here! The BlackBerry Bold is almost here ... maybe. According to a leaked internal AT&T e-mail, the carrier should finally release the highly-anticipated new RIM smartphone on October 27th, a mere week from today. Well over a month ago, RIM started rolling out the Bold in some international markets. Then, about a week later, Rogers in Canada became the first North American carrier to pick it up—the first BlackBerry with GSM-friendly 3G technology for e-mail, Web and data access.

The Bold was supposed to ship in the U.S. this summer and then September, but proved to be a no show. It is about time for the Bold to make it to this market.AT&T's leaked e-mail jibes with at statement from RIM co-CEO of Jim Balsillie's from early in September. "We expect the U.S. launch in early October," Balsillie said at the CTIA Wireless conference. "we're hopeful." A month later, RIM's other co-CEO, Mike Lazaridis, explained to the AP that the Bold was delayed because of ongoing testing by AT&T. "There's great scrutiny, as you might know, on that network and a certain device. So I guess everyone wants to be sure on every last test," Lazaridis said to the AP.

The carrier wanted to make sure the new smartphone played nice with its HSPA 3G network. AT&T, which ran into trouble with the wireless performance of the iPhone 3g, wasn't about to launch another high profile smartphone without making sure the device connects properly to its network apparently.

According to reports, the Bold's 480 x 320-pixel (half-VGA) resolution) is the best-looking display every to appear on a smartphone. It is supposed to be so good, participants in research groups testing the new BlackBerry kept calling the screen "bold" and "brilliant," hence the name.

The Bold is composed of a black exterior with a satin chrome finished frame and leather-like backplate. It measures 4.5 x 2.6 x 0.55 inches and weighs 4.7 ounces. RIM's redesigned to the Bold's full-size QWERTY thumb-keyboard to make it easier to use as well.

AT&T’s UTMS/HSDPA, which the Bold is the first BlackBerry to support, is now available in more than 270 U.S. markets with average uplink speeds between 500 and 800 kilobits per second (Kbps) and typical downlink speeds of 600 to 1,400 Kbps. The carrier expects to grow the number of supported markets to 350 by the end of the year. By offering the Bold, AT&T will become the only U.S. carrier to sell a BlackBerry that has international 3G capabilities. While CDMA operators like Sprint and Verizon already offer 3G-capable RIM smartphones, theirs use EV-DO technology, which isn't supported by most carriers around the world.

The Bold integrates GPS and Wi-Fi, in addition to multimedia capabilities. Inside, Bold sports the most powerful processor, 624MHz, ever found in a BlackBerry. It includes 128 MB Flash memory plus 1 GB on-board, as well as a microSDHC memory card slot that is conveniently accessible from a side door. Of course, Bold comes with the RIM's BlackBerry productivity applications, including phone, push e-mail, messaging, organizer and a re-designed browser.

The trackball - first scene as the Pearl in the BlackBerry Pearl - mimics a mouse to make it easier to navigate sites in "Page View" or "Column View" or to zoom in on specific parts of a web page, while various emulation settings allow users to choose between the full desktop-style HTML content and layout or the mobile version.

Attachments can also now be downloaded from within the browser and there is support for watching (RTSP – real-time streaming protocol). You can read and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files using the preloaded DataViz Documents to Go mobile office suite.

It features a 2 megapixel camera with video recording capability, built-in flash and 5x digital zoom.

The media player can display pictures and, play movies in full screen mode, and manage music files. Audio can be played over the handset’s dual speakers and when using wired headphones or external speakers, the media player gives the user an equalizer with 11 preset filters – like "Lounge", "Jazz" and "Hip Hop" – that boost or soften audio ranges to create the perfect ambiance.

For managing music and video, the BlackBerry software includes Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry as well as Roxio Photosuite 9 LE. For those that manage their collection with iTunes, the new BlackBerry Media Sync application provides a way to sync iTunes digital music collections with the smartphone.

Phone features include Speaker Independent for Voice Activated Dialing, Bluetooth 2.0 with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, and car kits. It also hsa dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, smart dialing, speed dialing, conference calling and call forwarding.

Noise cancellation technology is supposed to offset background noise Its removable 1500 mAhr battery should provide approximately 5 hours talk and 13 days standby time.

Like all BlackBerry smartphones, the Bold gives works with BlackBerry Enterprise, which enables advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments, as well as BlackBerry Professional Software for small businesses.

It also works with BlackBerry, which gives users access to up to 10 work or personal e-mail accounts and the BlackBerry Unite! software for SOHO and home users.

The Bold will come with a stereo headset, travel charger, carrying case or sleeve and USB cable. Users will also be able to personalize their BlackBerry Bold smartphone by purchasing replaceable leather-like backplates that come in a range of colors.
    Last edited by Ge; 10-21-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Grammar

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah, it would be nice for them to at least uphold one of these dates, but I was talking with a Rep today and she's leaning towards mid November.

deuceap610 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Does anyone have any insight as to what price point to expect?

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    i cant wait yay!!
    RedCurv07

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am hopeful. I really think the 27th will be the day.

My guess is the upgrade price will be $299

deuceap610 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I am hopeful. I really think the 27th will be the day.

My guess is the upgrade price will be $299
    Does anyone know how the AT&T upgrade process works? Eligibility criteria?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    we are about there houston

asapp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Today while on this mornings earnings call, Just read: “AT&T also announced the Blackberry Bold pricing would come in at $299 with a 2yr contract, and will retail for $549.99 without a contract. Check out the press release after the jump.
    The official launch date has been set for November 4th.
    Read the rest of this entry »” on blackberrynews.com

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A
    I talked to a AT&T Rep today and the date for the bold is Nov. 4th. I hope they stick with the date this time, I can hardly wait!
    Last edited by angiesbiz; 10-24-2008 at 06:27 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    They've had that date set for a long time my friend it just became official a couple days ago but that was the set release date "if nothing else goes wrong" for a long time.
    Therefore i dont think they will change it now rest assured you'll enjoy the bold goodness soon enough!

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Everyone needs to remember the Bold is REALLY $399 with a $100 mail in rebate. The $399 is for eligible 2 year contract.

austinstout no está en línea Stack level 2
    Booooo bold... I have verizon so I get the Storm

jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC
    WOW are you serious!! i don't know that i'm goin to get that now then!! that is too much!! i don't care what it can do! for them to delay the launch over 3 mos and then charge 400 bucks is ridiculous!!
    BB FrEaK

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I read on another forum that the $299 price is before a mail in rebate, but there is no confirmation of a rebate for the Bold, atleast not yet. I can handle $299, but $199 would be even better.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC
    I can definitely deal with the $299 price tag even without a rebate but I can't see myself spending $399 for a phone.
    BB FrEaK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast