I've been reading and hearing of people having extensive problems using the ATT Bold internationally. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

AllanRosen no está en línea Stack level 1

AT&T Bold 3G International Problems

Advertisement

I've been reading and hearing of people having extensive problems using the ATT Bold internationally. Here's the apparent problem-- if the Bold doesn't pick up a 3G signal, it reverts back to EDGE-- so far so good. But, when travelling internationally to many places, the Bold picks up an incompatible 3G signal--- so you can't use it on 3G and it doesn't automatically revert to EDGE. And since AT&T removed the feature that would allow you to manually select EDGE, you're stuck without data. Question-- I'm going to Spain next month--- does anybody know if I'll be able to use the Bold data there? This could be a huge problem if the reports are true-- does anybody have first-hand experience with this issue?

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    Better question, is there a way to force the ability to select EDGE back into the mix?

AllanRosen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrumentality View Post
    Better question, is there a way to force the ability to select EDGE back into the mix?
    At this time, clearly no with an AT&T Bold.

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    talk about suck, is this a problem with the service or the SW? and wouldn't it be better to buy a sim and us the other countries?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    From what has been discussed on here, this is a problem with the ATT version of this phone. I'm curious if there's some way to get rid of the lock by mucking around in the loader files when reloading the OS -- similar to how one gets rid of PTT and the like...

I don't actually have a Bold so I can't really help you there.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Even with an unlocked AT&T bold using a different SIM, the option to select 2G/EDGE is not available. Its a firmware issue that AT&T is supposedly looking into.

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually called RIM on this today. It is an open issue with them, and will be addressed in the next batch of OS updates. So for us on AT&T, about a year