i am trying to add a special ringtone to someone and when i do so, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

motameds no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Assigning Ringtones to Specific Callers

Advertisement

i am trying to add a special ringtone to someone and when i do so, it has this option under volume, 'Active Profile'. I called and asked what this was and they said it means that the sound level will be the same as the current profile you have set, i.e. normal, quiet, etc. but that's not true. its definitely more quiet than the normal ringtone. Does anyone know what this 'active profile' means? and then if you go in and change the ringtone to a specific one for a person, it seems you have to change the text tone for that person too, otherwise it just uses the default text tone. is that right? So annoying.

tweetyglo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    When you set up an exception (special ring tones for certain people) you can select which profile to associate it with. If you select active profile it will use that exception for whichever profile is active. So if you have a special ring for mom and it's listed as active profile that means if you have loud selected that is the active profile. So your ringers will be loud except when mom calls.
    Message me back if you want more info.

motameds no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks

it makes sense. but i think there is a glitch in their new system. when i have NORMAL set as the profile, and then i have ring Z set for mom, but then all the options are set as 'active profile' then it should use the same volume, the same vibrations, etc. as NORMAL. but it doesnt. the volume is quieter. the vibrations are not the same. also, it seems like certain people that are set up for special tones work, and others dont. i have one friend who i have set to a specific ring tone and it doesnt work when she calls. it goes to the default 'at & t tune' and i dont know why. so i tested it with a different friend and the SAME ringtone and when she calls, it works. i THINK this might have to do with people on the SIM versus people on the phone itself but i dont know. its all very confusing. lol.