Somehow all my ringtones for messages etc. were changed. When I go to profiles to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

k9lovers no está en línea Stack level 1

Assigning Ringtones

Advertisement

Somehow all my ringtones for messages etc. were changed. When I go to profiles to try and assign them again I can only get the preloaded ringtones and I need to get to my ringtones. How can I do this?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Open up the contact's entry in Address Book under edit. Menu. Add Custom Ring Tone. It'll drop to a highlight on default. Click the trackball. Your selections will be there

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Something else to keep in mind also if your ring tones are saved to your storage card then you won't be able to access them if your BB is connected to your pc.
    ~via BOLD 9000~

Thanks for the help! I'm still having problems changing ringtones for texts, emails voice mails etc. I can only get the preloaded ringtones not ones under my ringtones. These are the ones I want to assign.

Happy New Year to all!
    Last edited by k9lovers; 12-31-2008 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Continuing explanation

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by k9lovers View Post
    Thanks for the help! I'm still having problems changing ringtones for texts, emails voice mails etc. I can only get the preloaded ringtones not ones under my ringtones. These are the ones I want to assign.

Happy New Year to all!
    Do you [still] have the option to "Browse..." for ringtones? Usually Browse is the very top line when looking at the preloaded ringtones.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Thanlks for the help all is well now.

Pinch34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by k9lovers View Post
    Thanlks for the help all is well now.
    How did you fix it?? Im having the same problem. I am trying to assign downloaded ringtones, but when i go to assign the ringtone and browse for it I only see the standard ones that came with the phone.

Pinch34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok I managed to figure it out. When you go into your contacts or address book, dont click on the contact just scroll onto it. Then you can select the menu button and select add custom ringtone and your downloaded ringtones will show up. If you click onto the contact and select edit then set custom ringtone you will NOT get your downloaded ringtones only the preinstalled ones. Hope this helps someone.