Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

A simple Google search for "Opera Mini" from the Bold will net you a link ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

Advertisement

A simple Google search for "Opera Mini" from the Bold will net you a link at the top of the list with the download.

The only thing I'd really recommend looking at is going into settings and turning on mobile view for forum reading, which is similar to column view in the BB Browser.

It might take a little time to get your bookmarks and start page (a handfull of bookmarks you can "pin" to the main page of the browser...very handy) setup the way you like it but I have had all around MUCH better experiences with Opera rendering pages and the text input system is vastly superior for forum posting.

Best of luck, let me know if there's anything else.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    A simple Google search for "Opera Mini" from the Bold will net you a link at the top of the list with the download.

The only thing I'd really recommend looking at is going into settings and turning on mobile view for forum reading, which is similar to column view in the BB Browser.

It might take a little time to get your bookmarks and start page (a handfull of bookmarks you can "pin" to the main page of the browser...very handy) setup the way you like it but I have had all around MUCH better experiences with Opera rendering pages and the text input system is vastly superior for forum posting.

Thanks for the tips, I'm going to do it right now.

sent via BlackBerry Bold #6

WoooHooo!

Thanks cornelious0_0 I'm really happy with Opera Mini! Your hot tip was to select "mobile view". This is a great solution. How do I set this as my default browser, so when I click a link in an email it opens in Opera?

What a huge difference when in the forums. Just the solution I was looking for!

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    WoooHooo!

Thanks cornelious0_0 I'm really happy with Opera Mini! Your hot tip was to select "mobile view". This is a great solution. How do I set this as my default browser, so when I click a link in an email it opens in Opera?

What a huge difference when in the forums. Just the solution I was looking for!
    I'm glad you like it but as far as I'm aware there's no way to set Opera as your default browser, RIM has a bit of a stranglehold on a few things and seems apparent that they really are trying to enforce the use of their browser by not letting us change the default.

It is unfortunate but I rarely click on links in emails, I'll simply go visit the site manually via Opera. Once you get used to this browser you'll do whatever you can to avoid RIM's.

I'll simply go visit the site manually via Opera. Once you get used to this browser you'll do whatever you can to avoid RIM's.
    Yes, that's why I asked as I could not find any way to make it the default
    browser, but thought I would ask in case I was simply missing it.
    That said, I'm really enjoying this solution. Thanks Again!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad you found how to finally enjoy Pinstack on the Bold now
    Great Job Cornelious! Trust point for making my buddy happy ! lol

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's very good news. Having pretty much given up on the Storm, I see either on unlocked Rogers Bold or an 8900 in my future.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    Reading this makes me wonder what causes the thing to flip out out of the blue. I only ran the stock for a few days and am running .190 now.

Keep us posted, archer.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey Archer, which OS are you running on number 6? I'm using .167 on my number 4, started out great now its the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by quillhill View Post
    Reading this makes me wonder what causes the thing to flip out out of the blue.
    I asked myself this very question, however I did not dwell on it for very long. I've had far too many problems with Five prior Bolds to slow me down now, it's time to get this party started or throw the damn thing out!

After upgrading my present Bold to .210 I've been putting it through it's paces and pushing it HARD, purposely trying to break it for the past 20 hours. This is one Bullet-Proof Bold!

While anything is possible, I have a very good feeling about this build and expect no further problems. It's just too stable, too fast, and too consistent. Finally I am experiencing really fast and stable 3G. Previously 3G was slow. Now its faster than my fastest smartphone.

That would be my Nokia N96 which is a great smartphone. Very fast, the best of the Symbian OS builds yet. Running on the AT&T network it is so fast, that I was shocked to see than now my Bold is faster.

Not by a wide margin, but noticeably faster. That says a lot because the Nokia is wicked fast. Having two lines I've been doing side by side speed tests loading web pages and the Bold is faster each and every time. Over and over and over. If it's going to fail I want it to fail now. I've tried everything I know to crash it and it's rock solid.

I'm smiling from ear to ear! I've waited so long for a BB to run fast on 3G and this one is it! Finally after Six, and going on Seven Weeks, Six new Bolds, and Five OS upgrades, I have a winner! And a keeper!

Yeah.....WoooHooo !

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I am sorry but I am betting it breaks. You know the odds are against it not breaking.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I am sorry but I am betting it breaks. You know the odds are against it not breaking.
    Why would you even say such a thing?

I have faith in you and your Bold archer...keep pushin' it and hopefully all's well.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have faith in you and your Bold archer...keep pushin' it and hopefully all's well.
    Is it an ATT Bold or Rogers?
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm pretty sure archer is running on AT&T but its not necessarily a matter of your carrier but more so where the phone was built...and even then there's no official or concrete evidence proving that Bold's from certain countries are more "dud prone".

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Why would you even say such a thing?

It was not ment to be mean, it is a simple fact of odds.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast