Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren Leonard... Just say the word ill have a 8900 your way ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Leonard... Just say the word ill have a 8900 your way in no time.
    Thanks for the generous offer, I may well take you up on it. Either that or they may send me to the funny farm...

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    lmao dont EVER UPDATE!!!!! seems like if you do anything to the bold, it will mess up then you would probably want a new one lol. fi everything is working great, why mess with it?
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    fi everything is working great, why mess with it?
    Because if you read my post carefully, you will learn that "everything was NOT working great".

Believe me the last thing I wanted to do was spend even more time trying to get the bloody thing to work right....

PIN/ID
    AskMe

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    how is it working out so far ?
    I'm also curious, .210 has been working great for me so far and I can completely see things like strange browser behavior and random restarts being caused (or fixed) by an OS update.

I know I could never give up this Bold of mine, but I'm sure after 5 or 6 duds I'd start to reconsider.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hope all is well Archer. .214 is out, but I would stay with .210 if I were you.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I'm also curious, .210 has been working great for me so far and I can completely see things like strange browser behavior and random restarts being caused (or fixed) by an OS update.

I know I could never give up this Bold of mine, but I'm sure after 5 or 6 duds I'd start to reconsider.

I had problems with 2/3 8100's last year. After the second one was replaced, I gave up a week after I got the third one. I switched to the sidekick 3. Then came back to the Pearl right before I got my 8120.

It's been Five hours into my experience using my Bold after upgrading to version .210 of the OS. Thus far I'm very pleased.

This is the very first time, that I have experienced fast 3G connectivity as I'm used to on the other (N series Nokia's / HTC's / SE) smartphones I've been using on AT&T's truly high speed 3G network, over the last year. This is precisely why I knew it was the BB OS and not the network. Finally with this upgrade I can enjoy the speed that I am used to.

In addition, I'm now back to a constant and very stable 3G connection, that does not default back to EDGE. Not that it won't as I do expect it to when out of 3G range, however in the city, my home, and my office I have a very robust signal that on the other devices, never loses it's connection or 3G speed. That has been my experience this afternoon with my new Bold and I could not be happier. There is a bit of a speed increase in the overall operation of the Bold when switching between apps, or email vs BBM, or when moving from one web site to the other.

If I continue to enjoy this type of performance and if it continues to include the type of reliability I am used to from RIM, I will be quite satisfied and happy with my new Bold.

Time will tell...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well glad to hear that and hopefully all will be well !

Well glad to hear that and hopefully all will be well !
    Thanks! I'm thinking positively about it. So far we are looking good!

Got up early to see if Bold #6 is as fast & trouble free as it was after the .210 upgrade yesterday, or if it was only a DREAM.....ha..ha..ha

sent via BlackBerry Bold #6

Can you believe it finally works?
    *he sits stunned in utter amazement*
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm so glad to hear that .210 seems to have done the trick for you archer.

Let us know in a few days how it's all going.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I'm experiencing the same as you after upgrading yesterday. Very happy to be zipping along on 3G browser like the TILT.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Only thing that's happened wiith me lately is I started to get completely used to Opera Mini (using mobile view for some sites) and finally ditched the BB Browser.

I know RIM gave it an honest effort, but I just can't force myself to use their browser for day to day stuff, Opera Mini is faster and much more respnsove/customizable all around.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Only thing that's happened wiith me lately is I started to get completely used to Opera Mini (using mobile view for some sites) and finally ditched the BB Browser.

I know RIM gave it an honest effort, but I just can't force myself to use their browser for day to day stuff, Opera Mini is faster and much more respnsove/customizable all around.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

I'm glad to hear that Opera is doing a better job than the BB browser. Based on your endorsement I'm going to try it out.

Can you please provide the link, and any tips for setting it up. Preferences, settings, etc. I have no experience with Opera.

Thanks!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast