Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by archer6 WooooHooooo ! I'm posting on Pinstack on my new Bold #6. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    WooooHooooo ! I'm posting on Pinstack on my new Bold #6. Been running like a champ all day on .167 the box stock AT&T OS!
    Stable, fast, locked onto 3G.....somebody slap me, I must be dreaming...heh!
    ~via BB Bold, the Real Deal!
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep you are FINALLY living the experience ive had on my own personal bolds.
    FINALLY.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    happy to hear archer........... i must admit all the other issues aside, the Bold's keyboard is great.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

History of Five Faulty Bolds

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Archer... when you were going back and exchanging your Bolds each time, were you going back to the same store, or different stores... and, do you know if you were getting some from the same shipment to the ATT store? Could there have been a string of bad builds, and you just got one right after another.... probably!
    Archers Bold Adventure

Purchase history of the Six Bold's thus far.

1) From Rogers in Canada (I live in the USA)
    2) From AT&T via my Business Acct, shipped direct to me
    3) From my local AT&T Store
    4) From an AT&T store 500 miles from my home
    5) From an AT&T store in another state

All were new and in sealed boxes that I watched them open.

Pretty Random I'd say.

Partial list of problems:

And hence why Ive been so vocal about poor build quality, bad keyboards with sticky keys, crooked display, failed display, which went to bright solid red on the left, a thin vertical line down the center and bright solid green on the right with snow, like a TV with no signal.

Failure to recognize memory card, poor phone quality, loose battery door, bad sim card contacts, 2 hour battery life, failure to register on 3G, memory leaks with no added programs. Wi-Fi failure to connect and stay connected, causing screen to go black, red light to come on and endless loop of restarts over and over and over. Unable to hold onto a network (voice) connection no EDGE, only GPRS, or no signal "searching for network"

Upgraded to every known OS, none of which resolved the issues.
    Nor did AT&T dispute any of these problems listed above, all were verified as defects.

6) Current Bold purchased from Best Buy, and so far its good.
    Last edited by archer6; 12-10-2008 at 12:13 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Lol they probably have Leonard's picture in every ATT Store now with a quote saying "DO NOT SELL A BLACKBERRY TO THIS MAN"

*Leonard walks in an ATT store* Hi do you have any Blackberry Bolds in stock that i could purchase outright.
    -Sure sir give me one second and ill go pull one from the back for you
    -Great thank you.
    -Here you go sir !
    -The seal is broken...
    -Yes we were just making su...
    -The seal is broken
    -Yes sir we were just making sure everything was in th..
    -The seal is broken
    -Ok give me one second
    *salesman goes in the back ranting...comes back with a brand new sealed box*
    -Would that do sir ?
    -Yes this is better.
    -So itll be xxx$ are you paying cash or card ?
    -Vis...
    -OH! wait a minute. Are you Leonard xxx ?
    -hmmm.... yes????
    -Sorry. Company policy i cant sell you one.
    Should have known when you made me go back for a sealed one.
    See ATT doesnt like customers that dont enjoy faulty devices.
    We at ATT are proud to put a buggy iPhone 3G in your hands as well as a horrible batch of Blackberry Storms 5x !
    -Right...
    *Leonard shakes head and leaves the store*
    -SIR ??
    -Yes ?
    -Come back in ill sell you the Bold ... if anything its a faulty unit anyways!

HAHAHAHAHA

No harsh feelings Leonard you know Im doing this for fun!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    haha couldnt help to crack up and laugh when you emntioned storms. I knew something was wrong when it was a touchscreen lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    haha couldnt help to crack up and laugh when you emntioned storms. I knew something was wrong when it was a touchscreen lol
    huh ? sorry dont get it (no offense i actually dont :P)

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm having flashbacks to the search for Pearls with no cracks in them.

I am really starting to get the idea that I got quite lucky with my Bold. It was among the first batch sold at that corporate store. It has worked perfectly since I bought it Nov. 4.

The Bold is my favorite BlackBerry yet and while I loved my 8310 for 11 months there is no way in hell I could go back to it, archer, for the very reason you mentioned: I hate to go backward.

Got my fingers crossed that this one remains a keeper to the point you buy a back up or two per usual.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

Quote Originally Posted by quillhill View Post
    The Bold is my favorite BlackBerry yet and while I loved my 8310 for 11 months there is no way in hell I could go back to it, archer, for the very reason you mentioned: I hate to go backward.

Got my fingers crossed that this one remains a keeper to the point you buy a back up or two per usual.
    Thanks quillhill, I must say that this ones looking good and sooo much better than the rest. Shocking really. In a very good way. I'm thinking positive that this is THE one. I've put it through every test I can think of and it's solid, fast, locked on 3G with a vengeance, and working fine. I've left it box stock with OS ver .167 and I have no plans of changing anything. Just add a few apps after it's proven itself for a week or so. I'm with you, the Bold is one great BlackBerry...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Thanks quillhill, I must say that this ones looking good and sooo much better than the rest. Shocking really. In a very good way. I'm thinking positive that this is THE one. I've put it through every test I can think of and it's solid, fast, locked on 3G with a vengeance, and working fine. I've left it box stock with OS ver .167 and I have no plans of changing anything. Just add a few apps after it's proven itself for a week or so. I'm with you, the Bold is one great BlackBerry...
    What did you do to the Leonard i know ? The one scared of getting a Bold for its keyboard ! haha

I'm writing this from BOLD #6 and happy to report this one's just like any new BB should be, rock solid, fast, stable and of high quality!

~via BB Bold #6 ... Heh!
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Again glad to hear that ! Looks like your show is going off the air my friend ! What a relief !

Update

Greetings Stackers

Here's an update on my BlackBerry Bold #6.

Now 10 days old, I wanted to post this in the spirit of sharing the experience, so that other Stackers with an AT&T Bold might find it beneficial. While I enjoyed six days of proper operation, on day seven problems appeared.

1) First was an error message while in the browser surfing the web. After loading my home page (Google) and clicking on a link I would get: "You are not in a coverage area, and the page cannot be retrieved". This was while I was at home, with a very strong 3G connection. After trying again and again, finally it would respond and open the link I had clicked on.

2) Random resets. While simply using the device in no particular application, the screen would go black as it decided to do a full reset.

3) Suddenly my rock solid 3G connection was switching between EDGE & 3G with great frequency. Sometimes dropping down to GPRS, the once solid pattern of connectivity had vanished.

These problems, and some much more minor ones, pushed me to the point of upgrading the OS from .167 to .210

I have just completed that upgrade as of minutes ago, and will keep everyone posted as to the results. I feel that I'm a good test "mule" if you will, as I actively use my Bold nearly every minute of the day from 5am until Midnight. Therefore this BB gets quite a workout.

Cheers...

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Leonard, get rid of the thing and use your Curve until we get our Javelins like we agreed. You're just being stubborn now...it's you or the Bold

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Leonard... Just say the word ill have a 8900 your way in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Leonard, get rid of the thing and use your Curve until we get our Javelins like we agreed. You're just being stubborn now...it's you or the Bold
    100, yes 100... not 10 or 20, but 100 points for the humor!

I'm laughing so hard right now, just what I needed....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast