Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren On their way I am actually trying to make you a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    On their way I am actually trying to make you a really thorough report so i am taking notes about them
    Dang I'm one device short of keeping up with you ranxoren! Us Canadians sure do have it good!

I'm still looking for that perfect "Storm" We'll see if my devices can do a little better than Archer's Lol.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Man, I hope everything works out, I'm a very patient man but 6, I would have demanded a New one and a month free or sumthin... I would have been like those workers in Chicago - "I'm Not Leaving, Until...)
    Lmao you aren't the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Here's my take:

1) I know that RIM follows users feedback on PinStack, so that was another reason I was so vocal, and clear about the shortcomings. After all, what they do not know about, they can't fix.

2) I did in fact, have defective units. It was not a matter of being picky. I'm certainly discerning when it comes to quality and top of the line products, however that said, I'm a tech guy, an engineer, and at no time do I ever expect perfection. I only expect them to fulfill the performance objectives they claim.

3) Just because I had a run of bad units in no way diminishes my long term commitment to RIM as I have had many years of great service. I'm not about to forget that and give up on a great company that simply finds itself in the midst of competition unlike they have ever faced.

4) Loyal customers are the backbone of a companies success. Why not be loyal?

So at the end of the day, what happened earlier is history, and I don't live in the past. I live in the present. Period.

Cheers!
    Very well stated I have to agree 100 %.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by KriK View Post
    Dang I'm one device short of keeping up with you ranxoren! Us Canadians sure do have it good!

I'm still looking for that perfect "Storm" We'll see if my devices can do a little better than Archer's Lol.
    You mean youve gone through a couple Storms lol ?impressive.
    I have one of each new gen devices and love them all

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I must say archer, I'm very impressed with your determination and level of commitment to your Bold ownership. I love this beast of a smartphone so much that if I had to I can easily see myself going through what you have to set things right.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you, don't give up on us yet!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I must say archer, I'm very impressed with your determination and level of commitment to your Bold ownership.
    Thanks cornelious0_0 !

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Thanks cornelious0_0 !
    No biggy, you and I would be in the same boat if it happened to me so its easy for me to sympathize. I'm sure I'd get a few frustrated looks from my wife but I wouldn't quit...no chance.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    May this Bold be the perfect one for you! Call it a Christmas present from RIM to you!

Happy Holidays to you Archer6!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    May this Bold be the perfect one for you! Call it a Christmas present from RIM to you!

Happy Holidays to you Archer6!
    Thanks... it's looking very good at this point.
    And Happy Holidays to you GregGebhardt !

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    The Bold I had that was made in Hungary was one of the better ones. I'm not particularly sensitive to where they are made, as I trust RIM's ability to build and run good operations no matter where they are.

Agreed! My curve which has been solid from day one, was made in Mexico.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by dts51 View Post
    Agreed! My curve which has been solid from day one, was made in Mexico.
    I have four Curves, not because there was anything wrong with them, but on different carriers. And because I like them so much I have a spare as well.

The two best were from Mexico and Canada, and side by side with batteries out, inspecting the inner build quality, they were mirror images of each other. Perfect builds. And yet the others were just fine also. A true classic from RIM, A BlackBerry that is simply hard to beat.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    im completely beyond utterly confused... you did what?

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    im completely beyond utterly confused... you did what?
    Yesterday the display died on Bold #5. Suddenly it went to snow, like a TV with no signal. A thin vertical line divided the left and right sides. It was solid red on the left and green on the right with snow on both sides. No response to any input but a battery pull. Then upon restarting it did the same thing again.

So I took it to AT&T, and demanded a new replacement, (not a refurb).

This new one is Bold #6 and it's the first one I've had that is built right, functions properly, and lives up to the normal level of RIM quality.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Yesterday the display died on Bold #5. Suddenly it went to snow, like a TV with no signal. A thin vertical line divided the left and right sides. It was solid red on the left and green on the right with snow on both sides. No response to any input but a battery pull. Then upon restarting it did the same thing again.

So I took it to AT&T, and demanded a new replacement, (not a refurb).

This new one is Bold #6 and it's the first one I've had that is built right, functions properly, and lives up to the normal level of RIM quality.
    i hear ya, just never thought youd go seeking a new bold... what happened to using the curve that you pulled out a week or so ago?

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    i hear ya, just never thought youd go seeking a new bold... what happened to using the curve that you pulled out a week or so ago?
    Great Question!

I still have that Curve and it's great!

However as I mentioned then, I really hate to go backwards when the new 4.6 OS offers so many really great features. Despite the ultra frustration of Five Failed Bolds, all because of big faults (not little picky ones), I still became quite attracted to it. Especially knowing that I had sub par units I was determined to get one that was right, so that I could enjoy all of the benefits they offer.

Then there is the issue of size. The Bold fits me well, as I have big hands, long fingers, and the extra 6mm in width over a Curve is more than it sounds like in terms of ergonomic comfort. Also, Bold number five actually had a great keyboard with tactile feedback that was missing from the earlier units.

Therefore I decided to give the Bold another chance. I took the day off to put this one through it's paces and really push it to determine if it's a keeper or not. I'm not interested in using it a little each day only to find out a week from now, I'm no better off than before.

I'm happy to report that this Bold #6, by every indication is a well made, fast, stable, properly functioning BlackBerry.

I have over 8 very intense hours of non-stop usage on it, and I'm quite happy. I've done resets just to see if error messages would appear like on the others. I've done everything I can think of to tax it to it's maximum and it's doing very well indeed. I'm no longer getting the spinning clock while it's "thinking" and not responding, I'm no longer having any of the problems I had on each and every one of the prior five.

Now THIS is the way a new BlackBerry is supposed to be...

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Great to hear Archer! Good on ya for sticking with the Bold! I feel much better too as I just have that "app error 523" coming up every now and then (think I found the App that was the culprit too- fingers crossed!) Happy Holidays mate! Hope #6 stays the course for you!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast