Two year old 9000 and this is the first problem I have ever had with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

App's missing

Advertisement

Two year old 9000 and this is the first problem I have ever had with it. The other day it was running slow so I checked the bytes free and it said zero. Never had it go that low but any way I rebooted it and it would freeze three quarters of the way thru the reboot. Did this everytime I tried and I tried pulling battery several time. Only thing I could do was hook it up to the laptop and it would not read it but did give me the option to do and update. Having tried for a couple of hours to get it to reboot I decided to try the update. Well it got the device working but now I've lost some apps like password keeper, notes and maybe some others I just don't use. Now I did do a restore from a back up of this device and it didn't help. Anybody got any ideas?
    I can upgrade but I want to wait for the 9900 and I do have the insurance with AT&T but I called them and I'm not paying $125 for a refurbed phone

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You'll need to download the OS from your carrier since it was obviously a carrier update that it prompted you about.

Once you've done that, you should be able to load the missing apps through Desktop Manager.

But isn't the apps like password keeper and memo's native apps in all blackberry OS? I can try it and see

They are, but I believe you are able to "uncheck" those boxes on an OS install if you don't want them.

Was able to get memo and password keeper back but for some reason none of my downloaded apps will load. Don't see anything I can check to change that so not sure what to do now. Come on RIM and send me a 9900 so I can forget fighting with this 9000. I mean my trackball has worked for 2 years now but ti does mess up every now and then

There's a method for backing up your third party apps, but doesn't sound like that'll do you much good at this point. Only way to get those back is to re-download them. If they're paid apps, hopefully you have the registration codes handy somewhere. I keep mine in the Memo Pad.

They should have been in my last backup before I started having troubles with it and I'm just not sure why they didn't load. I have the keys to load anything I paid only one I think you can't get any more. Might just have to try loading an older backup and see if that doesn't load my downloaded apps

Everything is still on my old 8310 so I could just do a switch from that and hope that loads them. It should but who knows. This 9000 has been great for 2 years and with the trouble most have with the trackballs that is good, but I don't keep mine in my pocket where they get allot of lint and stuff.

That could work. There's an option in the Switch Device Wizard to just load the 3rd party apps. Do you have the latest DM?