My blackberry applications can't connect to the internet. I have a blackberry 9700 and a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Rojorab2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Applications not connecting to internet

Advertisement

My blackberry applications can't connect to the internet.

I have a blackberry 9700 and a data plan.
    My browser works.

i have tryed reloading os, battery pulls, registering to network, resending service books.

i also called t-mobile and they sent me a new phone because none of their people could help me. I am still having the same problems with new phone

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Describe what application(s), what you're doing and what response(s) you're getting. You will probably have to be specific about at least ONE application and maybe we can solve the problem for this. Just pick an application and give us the details and let's see where that takes us.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Google Talk:
    "service not enabled for this handheld"

Facebook Application:
    "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."

Blackberry app world:
    "Blackberry app world cannot connect to blackberry app world server"

Quote Originally Posted by Rojorab2 View Post
    Google Talk:
    "service not enabled for this handheld"

Facebook Application:
    "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."

Blackberry app world:
    "Blackberry app world cannot connect to blackberry app world server"
    You're phone works though, right? Under options:Mobile Network you DO have "Data Services" turned on, right? Just making sure.
    ...and you DO have a data plan, right?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Yes my data services are turned on and i have t-mobiles unlimited blackberry web plan

It really DOES sound like you have a carrier issue with T-mobile. Anyone else have an idea?

Have you called them and asked for a Blackberry expert. I haven't used T-Mobile service in a long time but all carriers have "experts" if you can get past the 1st or 2nd line of defense. I'd try them again and don't take no for an answer. Keep asking for either a "Blackberry expert" or their supervisor and be nice. It'll take time but you're paying for a service and they need to provide it. Remember to be nice and don't lose your cool. Good luck!

First thing to do is connect to the internet through wi-fi. If you don't have a wireless router, go to a local restaurant or hotel where there's "free wi-fi". Try running these aps with that connection, rather than the data plan you have at Tmo. If they work there, it's a problem with T-Mobile: If they still don't work, it's your device. If you need help connecting to wifi, give us a holler.

This will give us a place to start.

i tryed connecting the apps through wifi. Only blackberry app world works. my other applications still won't connect

Quote Originally Posted by Rojorab2 View Post
    i tryed connecting the apps through wifi. Only blackberry app world works. my other applications still won't connect
    Then I'm thinking it's an issue with settings on your device. First, go to Options>Advanced Options>Browser>and make sure "Hotspot Browser" is selected as default on the "Default browser configuration". Then go to Options>Mobile Network and make sure Data Services is set to On. Thirdly, Options>Applications, then as soon as the application list loads, check that each one under their "Edit Permissions" is set to "Connections: Custom", "Interactions: Custom," and "User Data: Allow". The only exception to this is on my Google ap it is set "Connections: Allow". Give that a shot, see if it works, and if not post back and we'll go further . . . .Hope we're helping!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Then I'm thinking it's an issue with settings on your device. First, go to Options>Advanced Options>Browser>and make sure "Hotspot Browser" is selected as default on the "Default browser configuration". Then go to Options>Mobile Network and make sure Data Services is set to On. Thirdly, Options>Applications, then as soon as the application list loads, check that each one under their "Edit Permissions" is set to "Connections: Custom", "Interactions: Custom," and "User Data: Allow". The only exception to this is on my Google ap it is set "Connections: Allow". Give that a shot, see if it works, and if not post back and we'll go further . . . .Hope we're helping!

Correction.
    "First, go to Options>Advanced Options>Browser>and make sure "Hotspot Browser" is selected as default on the "Default browser configuration"."

You do not want to use Hotspot browser if you have a data plan. The correct setting should be Internet Browser.

Hotspot browser setting is used for wifi only user.
    Internet Browser setting allows use between Data and Wifi
    Blackberry Browser setting is for Data only I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Web2Go setting is the old WAP style
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

I stand corrected - on my device I don't have a data plan, and the only two choices available are Hotspot browser and Web2Go. Perhaps with a data plan, more options appear. However, all my aps (FB, YouTube, Google, BlackBerry Ap World etc.) work with Hotspot set as default

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Correct Mark. More options do appear as ther service books for a data plan arrive on your device.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.