Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently have 26.1 MB of app memory on my 9000. I was wondering if ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Application Memory Question

Advertisement

I currently have 26.1 MB of app memory on my 9000. I was wondering if this is good, I have like 10-12 apps currently installed. Also, what specifically is device memory? I still have virtually all my device memeory left. Thanks.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    device memory is like an internal hard drive to store files on.it's just like your sd card just built in. not sure how much app memory you should have on the bold.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thank Cat, it seems to run really well when I keep 25 or so MB free on the app memory. How would you use up the device memory? Like I said, I still have all my device memory.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    whenever you store something...mp3's/pics/ringtones...you can select to save them to device memory. i have some ringtones saved to device memory and a little other stuff but mine is almost empty too...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    nada
    Ok, thanks Cat. I thought that was it, but wasn't 100%.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    App mem is said to be 128mb to start with on the Bold. Now that's free of anything on there. Like when you wipe your device. Now, when you load the OS this is what takes up most of your app memory, then the rest of your apps. Now the way I calculate it I'm missing about 10 mb of memory somewhere, don't now where it is or what's using it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ok thanks for clearing this up for me. I'm trying to decide whether to get the 8900 or the 8220 next year depending on which has better device memory.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The 8900, not need of cheaping yourself on the screen and functionality of a great berry.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Chokem, try running a memup software to free up some memory. Also you can delete the HELP file in your phone (don't really need it do you) and free up some mem that way also. You could also check your cache and stored pages from your browser, web pages store there to save time on the next load but they take up space as well.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    The 8900, not need of cheaping yourself on the screen and functionality of a great berry.
    Cheaping myself on function and screen size? I was asking about memory.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Cheaping myself on function and screen size? I was asking about memory.
    The 8900 has the the most of all the berrys, sorry for the confusion. 256MB to start with, of coarse as I stated before that's before the OS and apps. But as us BOLD users are running around 45-52 mb free after boot up, the 8900 users are running at like 128-140mb free!!

shira no está en línea Stack level 2
    Chokem, I usually have 33-35mb free but it runs out very quickly while using the BB various functions daily. if I don't reboot the BB every few days it just dies on me in the middle of whatever it is I am using it for when there are around 7mb free app memo. its frustrating. I downloaded some applications (google maps, Yahoo for BB) but deleted others. FYI

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I belive it was once stated that any given BB needs 7mb to run properly, anything less is when you start having issues. True that some apps cause more "leak" than others.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Yeah, I'm constantly weeding out the apps I don't like. I reboot mine daily. I guess I need to study the tutorial on how to save apps to my media card-but I'm too lazy, lol.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Arieze card loader chokem. That's what your looking for. Works great,all your apps ready to be loaded at anytime. This is probably the best $10 I've spent. Just to note, when downloading from app world it won't give you an option to save to the sd card so I really don't use appworld anymore because of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast