I've installed BBWeather, UberTwitter, and some other apps, and I've noticed that none of these ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dt99 no está en línea Stack level 1

App icons on the home screen?

Advertisement

I've installed BBWeather, UberTwitter, and some other apps, and I've noticed that none of these have little 'status icons' that appear on the desk top to let you know about changes in status (like current weather for BBWeather, or notifying you about new messages in UberTwitter).

When I read up on BBWeather, I see definite comments about the home screen icon. Same for UberTwitter. I'm wondering if I need to do something to enable icons on the home screen? I notice my facebook app displays an indicator when I have a new message.

confused...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    uberTwitter has added audible notifications within the last month or two but I don't believe the icon changes when you get a new message.

I'm not sure whether BB Weather has an icon change to indicate weather changes or not.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

hey I'd be happy if I even had a little UberTwitter icon on my home screen. Do you have one?

the only way I can get any kind of notification is if I make UberTwitter app one of the 6 icons on the bottom of the screen, which I don't really want to do...

Quote Originally Posted by dt99 View Post
    hey I'd be happy if I even had a little UberTwitter icon on my home screen. Do you have one?

the only way I can get any kind of notification is if I make UberTwitter app one of the 6 icons on the bottom of the screen, which I don't really want to do...
    Do you mean you downloaded uberTwitter and didn't get an icon? I DO have one and you should too.

Are you talking about the main menu screen where all of your icons show or the 1st page of a bottom-dock theme. Some themes allow you to customize the icons onthe 1st page and others are set premanently.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dt99 View Post
    I've installed BBWeather, UberTwitter, and some other apps, and I've noticed that none of these have little 'status icons' that appear on the desk top to let you know about changes in status (like current weather for BBWeather, or notifying you about new messages in UberTwitter).

When I read up on BBWeather, I see definite comments about the home screen icon. Same for UberTwitter. I'm wondering if I need to do something to enable icons on the home screen? I notice my facebook app displays an indicator when I have a new message.

confused...
    I know that for UberTwitter the only change you will see is if you have that icon on your home screen. You won't get a notification like you do for mail or BBM or facebook with a seperate little notification icon in your banner. The weather apps usually also get changes to the icons themselves so they also would need to be on your main screen or one of the 6 icons on the bottom.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I know that for UberTwitter the only change you will see is if you have that icon on your home screen. You won't get a notification like you do for mail or BBM or facebook with a seperate little notification icon in your banner. The weather apps usually also get changes to the icons themselves so they also would need to be on your main screen or one of the 6 icons on the bottom.
    Ok maybe my expectations were off... I know that I can have these apps as one of the 6 at the bottom of my screen but was hoping to have little mini-notification icons similar to new mail or chat notifications...

Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If you want that notification you can try Yatca for twitter it sends the new tweets to you messages folder, as for the weather none of them do what you are asking for
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dt99, I apologize! I never even noticed that the uberTwitter icon changes to little red dots at the top of the icon (lyre?)when there has been a new message! I guess I should be embarrassed but I've always gone by the audible alert since they added the alerts and never really paid much attention to the icon.