Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've gone through a little freak-out tonight therefore i am going to tell my story ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

App Error 205 - Reset ... Already lol ?

Advertisement

I've gone through a little freak-out tonight therefore i am going to tell my story for future reference (in case it ever happens to somebody).
    Being the Crackberry user that i am, i was playing on my bold's advanced options and specifically the Applications option and was deleting a bunch of them in order to free up space and make it faster than it already is. Right ?
    So far so good.
    After i'm done, obviously, hard reset (take battery out) in order to let everything reboot just fine!
    Hourglass spins ... spins .... spins .... then the infamous "App Error 205" appears on my screen ... the as you may have heard it called before "Screen of Death" is in front of me ... on my BRAND NEW 5 days old BlackBerry Bold 9000.
    This screens consists of that sentence and a "reset" button that basically just reboots the phone and brings you back to the SOD (Screen of Death).
    Now i KNOW for a fact that you have to reinstall the handheld os but on the SOD guess what ? DM (Desktop Manager) does NOT recognize the device!
    Now Guess what's even better ? I am a MAC user and RIM STILL does not want to release a DM for us Mac users.
    Therefore i NEED a Windows Machine to do it.
    Alrighty so i have my MacBook Air, install Parallels on it, let windows load.
    Now the whole time i'm doing this (half an hour) my Bold is taken appart with the battery out (BEST thing to do when you have a problem with your crackberry).
    So Windows is installing ... 30 mins remaining ...
    Oh what the hell let's see this SOD again ... hourglass is spinning ... ROGERS LOGO APPEARS .... Verifying security software .... 100% ... Contacts, PINS, Emails, everything is there! ... MY BOLD JUST CAME BACK TO THE LAND OF THE LIVING

Now i'm almost positive that older blackberrys WOULD NOT come back from the SOD on their own and that we had to follow these instructions (been there done that, Thanks Pentace) : http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html .
    I dont know if RIM implemented some kind of auto backup or something but this is what happened and believe me i am incredibly HAPPY !!

There you go guys this is my nightly "What to do in case of a SOD on the blackberry bold -> take the battery out and wait it out ! "

R.

heolzo no está en línea Stack level 2
    I Ranxoren,
    I got the same problem yesterday and everything is back. I let the device charging (full) and hit the reset link, back to my normal screen. There is a bizare bug when deleting programs by the advance option\application. Good luck.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is a problem with a majority of the Bolds on the market. This device was NOT ready for release!!! Kudos to AT&T for the delay. Try a double soft reset. This seems to be a hardware problem.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

It is not just the Bold.

My 8120 did the same thing back in June just 6 weeks after I got it. Placed a phone call, wrote a memo, installed an application and all heck broke loose.

10 hours of rebooting. I did the same things as you: taking out the battery and SIM card, tried to get my PC to recognize it, etc.

Thankfully I had my choice of my 7730, 8100 or 7100t to go back to while this happened (I chose the 8100 LOL).

Later that night, it just seemed to have had enough and rebooted normally on its own. I reinstalled the OS for good measure to make sure all offending apps were gone. Still works 2 months later.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    When I get a new BB I usually wipe it and install the current OS before actually using it.

Good practice.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    This is a problem with a majority of the Bolds on the market. This device was NOT ready for release!!! Kudos to AT&T for the delay. Try a double soft reset. This seems to be a hardware problem.
    haha this is what you american people make yourselves believe to not get angry over the fact that for once us canadian have a device before you guys !!
    The bold you will get and i can assure you that (talked to a highly placed BB rep at Waterloo) will be the same as ours (maybe with a software update that we will get too). The only reason you have to wait is : Money & Politics

MY bold does NOT have any of all the rumored issues its PERFECTLY fine.
    And the Error 205 happened to me years ago on the 8700 so ... yeah ... non bold related

champagj no está en línea Stack level 1

SOD and full wipe..

I left the Palm Platform world and got my 1st BB.

The Bold is nice but it's giving me some grief. I'd like to sync using sucmML and ggosync to my Google calendar and contacts.

Along the way of making this work I came across a few of the error205 which seems to resolve themselves after a few reboots.

This morning however... the thing must have had enough and presented me with a default desktop and wiped everything on the device. Like brand new!

Before re-loading everything, I am looking for possible firmware upgrade and such but no luck...

I guess the question is: anybody seen this? Any suggestions? It's hardware and I should exchange?

Thanks!

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    haha this is what you american people make yourselves believe to not get angry over the fact that for once us canadian have a device before you guys !!
    The bold you will get and i can assure you that (talked to a highly placed BB rep at Waterloo) will be the same as ours (maybe with a software update that we will get too). The only reason you have to wait is : Money & Politics

MY bold does NOT have any of all the rumored issues its PERFECTLY fine.
    And the Error 205 happened to me years ago on the 8700 so ... yeah ... non bold related
    This is incorrect. I have a Bold and have had one before Rogers launched theirs. Regardless of what you say, there are issues with the Bold. The 205 error is one, and RIM would not have to make changes to the OS to fix javascript if nothing was wrong. So don't act like the Bold is a perfect device. As far as it being all money and politics, this is only half true. Alot of the problem is the fact AT&T's 3G network mostly runs on 1900MHz, which is nowhere near as good as it's 850MHz counterpart. That's why the Bold is dropping 3G. It's not all money and politics. And the Bold isn't perfect either. I don't dispute the US will get the exact same device. But again, it's not a "perfect" device, by a long shot.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hahaha thats just my take JasonHDD
    obviously its not a perfect device and no device is im just saying to ME its perfect enough!

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Just got the App Error 205 messages on my Bold. Refuses to connect to my PC and I seem to have no way to re-install the OS. Not a happy bunny, but will try all of the solutions dotted around the forum...
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just take the battery out, leave it out for about 5minutes and put it back in
    It does wonders
    And this goes for stmcgill and schampagi.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that didn't work sadly. On the third attempt at connecting to my PC I managed to upgrade the OS and that worked

PIN/ID
    AskMe

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Joining the club! Had it happen to me on a business trip to Chicago last weekend. Scared the p**p out of me! Hard to believe everything reset itself perfectly after doing a battery 'reset'.

PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Is there an application that will allow an on device backup to a memory card? I cannot backup on my PC- keeps crashing when I try.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast