Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just ordered it, and was wondering if any Stackers have this. The description says ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Anyone Use The 3500mAh Extended Battery From Seidio

Advertisement

I just ordered it, and was wondering if any Stackers have this. The description says its double capacity. If you have it, please let me know what I can expect in improvement over the OEM battery. Thanks.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have all of their extended batteries. The most I currently get out of the one in my 8120, the 1250mAh battery, is 10 hours. And that is with social networking, calling, emailing, texting, chatting, and browsing. I don't even use the MP3 player anymore. I wish there was a larger capacity OEM sized battery for the 8120.

I meant all batteries for the 71xx and 81xx series.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I have never used one buy would hate to have anything sticking out of the back that makes the device bigger. Is there a reason you can not get somewhere to put your device on charge. I use 2000+ minutes a month and handle 60-70 emails a day and the rugular battery still has 40% on it at the end of the day.

Just wondering what you use/habits are that require twice the power.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

There are regular sized extended batteries out now that provide extra power but don't add size to the phone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I have never used one buy would hate to have anything sticking out of the back that makes the device bigger. Is there a reason you can not get somewhere to put your device on charge. I use 2000+ minutes a month and handle 60-70 emails a day and the rugular battery still has 40% on it at the end of the day.

Just wondering what you use/habits are that require twice the power.
    I don't know what aps Chokem uses but what "saps" the power from my battery is streaming radio and other applications that continually upload new data/info, etc. plus the normal phone and email uses. I have a lot of those aps on my curve and would keep more of them active it I had the battery capacity.

I've just ordered an extended Seidio battery too but not the one that is extended and requires a new back. Not ready to give up my Seidio Innocase combo yet.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks for the input everybody. The reason I'm going to the mega battery is that I'm on my Bold almost all day at work. My job allows me to do that, I run CNC milling machines and the cycle time from part to part is sometimes as long as 20 mins. I do have a charger at work, but I thought how great it would be to use it all day and not have to charge it at work. As for the size, it already pretty good size, so I can't see that adding 1/4" to the thickness is going to hurt-lol. I also bought the premium leather case/belt clip that goes with it, so I'm set to go. I'm lookingforward to getting it. I'll write a review once a couple of days in if anyone is interested.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I did CNC work for 4-5 years. We were one of the first to to use CNC in the millwork industry many years ago. I did the AutoCad work so I guess I was elected to learn and run the CNC rounter. It allowed us to do jobs that other comapnies could not even compete.

I had to use hearing protection as the shrill and very loud rotary cutter was deafening in MDF and plastic materials. It was quite interesting and was never bored watching it cut out what I created in AutoCad.

Enjoy your Blackberry.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    nada
    We do a lot of aluminum, so the spindle speed is not that high, only 2-4000 rpm. We currently have 5 machines-3 Matsuuras and two Mori Seikis. I'm a cert. welder/fitter by trade but got into this about 6 years ago. I really enjoy writing programs for them. My dad has a pretty intricate CAD/CAM system-pretty neat.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Thanks for the input everybody. The reason I'm going to the mega battery is that I'm on my Bold almost all day at work. My job allows me to do that, I run CNC milling machines and the cycle time from part to part is sometimes as long as 20 mins. I do have a charger at work, but I thought how great it would be to use it all day and not have to charge it at work. As for the size, it already pretty good size, so I can't see that adding 1/4" to the thickness is going to hurt-lol. I also bought the premium leather case/belt clip that goes with it, so I'm set to go. I'm lookingforward to getting it. I'll write a review once a couple of days in if anyone is interested.
    Curious as to how this one turns out? please give feed on the battery and if it could be used with the Otterbox Bold Defender case.

CNC Milling hu? gonna have to have a chat bout that some time.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Curious as to how this one turns out? please give feed on the battery and if it could be used with the Otterbox Bold Defender case.

CNC Milling hu? gonna have to have a chat bout that some time.
    Will do. Sorry, I think the battery is too thick even for an Otter.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the extended battery on my 8330 curve and like the extra grip the extension on the back of phone gives me. I am a moderate data user and usually go 3 full days without having to charge.
    Last edited by mdh00; 05-09-2009 at 05:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh00 View Post
    I have the extended battery on my 8330 curve and like the extra grip the extension on the back of phone gives me. I am a moderate data user and usually go 3 full days without having to charge.
    Hey, that's great news, thanks for the input.

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2
    I do have one for my bold. It doesn't make much different in term of size after I put it in. I mean it's not as ugly as I thought before I bought it. It works really great. It could last 2 or more days depending on how I use it. Overall I am pretty satisfied with it. I also got the Seidio spring clip holster. It's a perfectly fit and works really well. I am very happy with it. If anyone wants extra power then I recommend you get both.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Used it for one day-love it. I'll do a full review tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast