Basically my situation if I get the bold would be to first try to call ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Anyone from TMO successfully attain an unlock code from ATT?

Advertisement

Basically my situation if I get the bold would be to first try to call ATT as I have another account with them and request the unlock code for the bold. How successful have others been, and what are my chances?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    pretty good if you already have an account with them...then you can stick any carrier's SIM card into it and it will work on that network...just tell them that you are going out of the country and need the phone unlocked so you can use it overseas...should be no problem...good luck

jurnaza no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have heard alot of people have good luck with calling the AT&T Wireless International support line.

<----SNIP---->

International Wireless Care
    International Wireless Care Representatives are always available to help you with your international service questions, no matter which time zone you're in.
    • For activation of services and general questions: 1-800-331-0500
    • For help with international services problems:
      • When in the United States, call 1 800 335-4685.
      • When outside of the United States, call 1 916 843-4685 (toll free from your wireless device).
    <----SNIP---->

Call them say you are traveling to the UK and your company has an international SIM you can use while abroad that you will need unlock code to use.

Jeff
    Last edited by jurnaza; 11-03-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Actually my wife's regular phone is under ATT wireless. My blackberry is with TMO.
    So when I call about the ATT blackberry, maybe flags will raise?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ tell them that the blackberry is your backup device and as magellan suggested, that you are travelling and will need it unlocked.

if you are in 'good standing' with ATT, then there should be NO issues.

Excellent, thanks guys.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    My wife was on the phone with them one time, about other things, of course we have 6 phones, and needed 2 of them changed, and changed some service options, and I was sitting there, and asked hey while your on there ask them if they have an unlock code for my phone, because there is a program I want that says it doesnt work unless your phones unlocked.

They gave it to her which dang was the phone I broke so now I dont have the unlock code anymore haha, oops
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Well I just called ATT wireless international and told him my reason for asking it and they mentioned I need to add an international feature to my current line in order for them to release the unlock code. This was after I told them I would use an international sims card provided by my company.

I then tried the regular customer service, and since I dont intend to use the phone with ATT, she mentioned she couldnt give me the unlock code unless I had a valid reason for it. I tried to get what they considered valid reasons but she wouldnt budge. I simply said, if my company provided me with an ulock code so I can use, and she basically said if its to use with another carrier then no she cant.

Any other suggestions or am I SOL?

What the heck is a valid reason for them to give me an unlock code when I intend to use the bold with another carrier?