Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Had my Bold for one day and sold it. Build quality, battery ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Had my Bold for one day and sold it. Build quality, battery life, browser sucked. Flat, wide, sharper edges.
    Very happy to be on Curve w/4.5 until Javelin

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    There is nothing wrong with my bold, i got it from ebay about 2 months ago (unbranded unit) and so far nothing has happened, but i still prefer my flip, pearl and curve over the bold, its just im bord of it and the battery is so bad even tho im on EDGE not on 3g....
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The title of this thread is:
    "anyone still prefer their Curve or Pearl over their Bold? "
    However many here have turned their posts into:
    "Bold compared to Curve"
    This is entirely off topic as the question posed by the OP is "which do you prefer". In addition if we set that aside for a moment & think, it's obvious that these two should not be compared since they are two completely difference devices created in two different generations, using different technologies. They are not designed to compete, nor should they be compared.
    So. That said I will move on to the question at hand.
    Sometimes simpler is better. Reliability trumps potential, a device that does everything you need beats one that has more than one needs or will use & is of yet unproven with no track record.
    So for me I prefer the 8310 over the Bold. It does everything I need, and while I would like WiFi & 3G they do not prevent me from enjoying all that my 8310 does. Its an excellent device!

~via BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The title of this thread is:
    "anyone still prefer their Curve or Pearl over their Bold? "
    However many here have turned their posts into:
    "Bold compared to Curve"
    This is entirely off topic as the question posed by the OP is "which do you prefer". In addition if we set that aside for a moment & think, it's obvious that these two should not be compared since they are two completely difference devices created in two different generations, using different technologies. They are not designed to compete, nor should they be compared.
    So. That said I will move on to the question at hand.
    Sometimes simpler is better. Reliability trumps potential, a device that does everything you need beats one that has more than one needs or will use & is of yet unproven with no track record.
    So for me I prefer the 8310 over the Bold. It does everything I need, and while I would like WiFi & 3G they do not prevent me from enjoying all that my 8310 does. Its an excellent device!

~via BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The perfect device would be the 8910 that Archer keeps referring to : Javelin with 3G and if they could throw a leather back then ill be all over it!

xander77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have to be honest. I have no complaints. If I am one of the ones that got a complete device, with no faults, so far lol, I thank god. This thing is unreal. The apps, the screen is better than half of the tvs I've owned, the battery life, the speed of the processor beats everything.

I cannot complain. I don't miss a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    The perfect device would be the 8910 that Archer keeps referring to : Javelin with 3G and if they could throw a leather back then ill be all over it!
    >Unofficial<
    The good news is its only a matter of time before we see this model. Leather? My _guess_ is no, since the Bold is their premier bus device.
    Potential surprise? An updated Bold very soon. In the works?
    Some exciting all new devices. More than one of which will be at lower price points to insure RIM success going into a soft market in 2009. I'm very impressed with RIMs internal response to the current economic climate. Where once RIM was slow & ultra conservative (appropriate at the time) They are now contemporary, agile & responsive. Stay tuned its going to get even better...
    via BlackBerry
    (Of Course!)

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Still have my pearl, not planning to give it up till it dies. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    Still have my pearl, not planning to give it up till it dies. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Smart...very smart. When one has a device that works well for them & they make the choice that you have the financial savings is huge. The time savings are also very significant, since you are free to just use & enjoy yours.
    Whereas a tech addict & early adopter such as myself is lost in the upgrade madness...
    Hat's off to you!
    sent via BlackBerry

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    It was clear to me within a few minutes of getting the Bold that the Curve was going to be wiped, put in a box and shipped off as soon as my friend PayPal'd me the cash for it. I took a calculated risk before I bought the Bold by lining up a buyer for my Curve but even if I wanted to go back (which I don't) I couldn't go back to the Curve.

Without a doubt I completely prefer the Bold. I'm happy.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Smart...very smart. When one has a device that works well for them & they make the choice that you have the financial savings is huge. The time savings are also very significant, since you are free to just use & enjoy yours.
    Whereas a tech addict & early adopter such as myself is lost in the upgrade madness...
    Hat's off to you!
    sent via BlackBerry
    See, I'd love to go with the bold, or the storm, though my finances limit me a bit, and having to unlock them is annoying. I enjoy having the newest stuff, but my pearl has taken quite a beating, and should by all means be dead long ago. Though for all I've put it through, it still shows me love and runs great, and I feel I will never find a better phone more suited for myself.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Amen to that Erica. Also throw the high resolution screen and non-grainy, tight smooth trackball in there

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I would love a Pearl with the Bold OS software and a new browser interference (unless this is included in the 8220 OS). But seeing as the Bold is just now being released in the US, and the Storm is being delayed, after my contract, who knows where I'll go LOL

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    The only Extra charge for "CV" is when you download content, viewings clips and some full episodes there is no addtional fee. Now, I never had the Pearl much to small for my hands and I perfer the full keybord. I had the curve 2 and Luved it, but now the Bold, please there is no turning back.
    I verified with my reps again and because I have a corporate account CV is an extra charge for me.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I verified with my reps again and because I have a corporate account CV is an extra charge for me.
    Ok, did not know that, but than again I was considering the BIS accounts when I responded.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Yes, I do.

Got my 1st. Bold in August with .097 OS. And the device restart every two hours for itself. After getting the 2nd and upgrade from .097 to .126, .162, .167 and back to .126 the Bold seems to get crapier with evere OS-Up-/Downgrade. I had to call TMO Germany for exchange the unit. They need up to 15 days for an exchange.

So I switch back to my 8310 and life is fine again...

My 2ct
    Peter

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post

Yes, I do.

Got my 1st. Bold in August with .097 OS. And the device restart every two hours for itself. After getting the 2nd and upgrade from .097 to .126, .162, .167 and back to .126 the Bold seems to get crapier with evere OS-Up-/Downgrade. I had to call TMO Germany for exchange the unit. They need up to 15 days for an exchange.

So I switch back to my 8310 and life is fine again...

My 2ct
    Peter
    So sorry to hear that. I really hope your exchange unit will be one of the few amazing ones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast