Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I am on my third Bold now 1st one= the flasing led would not light ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Clifford938 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a57ef3

anyone still prefer their Curve or Pearl over their Bold?

Advertisement

I am on my third Bold now
    1st one= the flasing led would not light up for anything
    2nd one=I was watching CV, the screen started getting dark and finally shut itself off and then it was dead, totally wouldn't start back up
    3rd one=so far so good

in each case, I went back to my Pearl before I had a chance to go to my ATT Store for exchange, finally realizing the Pearl is my most reliable phone so far and performance and battery not all that bad

I am still using my 3rd Bold but holding on to my Pearl (just in case)

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is a little of topic, but did you have to pay extra to watch CV? You have to add media net on top of the Blackberry Plan?

***I'm on my 2nd bold through best buy.. Keyboard didnt work on the first one***

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i definitely dont regret my curve since i got my Bold in august. Ive had it for now 3 months without ONE SINGLE issue (dont jinx yourself, dont jinx yourself, dont jinx yourself lol).
    When i try to use my significant other's pink 8310 it just feels awkward, small and fragile altho i DO KNOW that its indestructible lol.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't have a Bold yet, but I prefer my Pearl for the small form factor. I may wait for the Javelin. Or what are the odds that RIM comes out with a Pearl with the same up-dates as the Bold. Now that would rock! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by walds11; 11-09-2008 at 03:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    I don't have a Bold yet, but I prefer my Pearl for the small form factor. I may wait for the Javelin. Or what are the odds the RIM comes out with a Pearl with the same up dates as the Bold. Now that would rock!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Im pretty confident they will. The 8220 is definitely not the replacement for the Pearl. I definitely see a 86xx or something like that be a Pearl form factor but with 4.6 and the silver rim etc...
    Thats just my guess tho

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would love a Pearl with the Bold OS software and a new browser interference (unless this is included in the 8220 OS). But seeing as the Bold is just now being released in the US, and the Storm is being delayed, after my contract, who knows where I'll go LOL

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    nfw. while there may be some initial build quality issues with the bold, there is no way that i would ever go back to a curve. bb bold is the next step in bbs.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    I dont prefer my curves or my pearl over the bold... Not in any way.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

Clifford938 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a57ef3
    I was told CV was all included with my BIS $30 plan
    I hope I don't get charged extra, I thought media net not an option for BB?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    It is an extra charge when you use the CV my coworker already asked! I'm still kind of reluctant about the Bold. I kind of knew it in the beginning when my coworker and I had a discussion about the OS and comparing it to the modded Curves that him and I had wouldn't be a whole hell of a difference. Nonetheless, I have it for product testing and still deciding whether or not this phone is fit for the company I represent. We had a hard time on Friday setting up our 3rd Bold on our BES server and I noticed even on my phone it took forever for the phone to go past the intialization phase.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    No way... i come from a 8330 Curve, which is now my wifes. and after updating higher then .125 i havent had a single problem with the Bold, and i been stressing it by running multiple heavy apps trying to provoke an error, Music+IM's+Google maps+ Web surfing and still cant get a reaction out of it lol

the Bold is seriously 2 and half steps ahead then my old curve, and i wouldnt ever think about going back

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    It is an extra charge when you use the CV my coworker already asked! I'm still kind of reluctant about the Bold. I kind of knew it in the beginning when my coworker and I had a discussion about the OS and comparing it to the modded Curves that him and I had wouldn't be a whole hell of a difference. Nonetheless, I have it for product testing and still deciding whether or not this phone is fit for the company I represent. We had a hard time on Friday setting up our 3rd Bold on our BES server and I noticed even on my phone it took forever for the phone to go past the intialization phase.
    The only Extra charge for "CV" is when you download content, viewings clips and some full episodes there is no addtional fee. Now, I never had the Pearl much to small for my hands and I perfer the full keybord. I had the curve 2 and Luved it, but now the Bold, please there is no turning back.

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    had my bold for about 6 weeks now, i do like it but i had a 8120 before and i miss the size of the pearl, but love the quality of the screen, its speed, and the screen size. Going to get a data plan for my bold and i think i'll love it even more. i hav a brand new unopended 8120 under my desk at work but i think i will sell that and keep the bold (for now).

but an upgraded 8120 with a better screen and the speed of the bold my tempt me to switch....

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    "It is an extra charge when you use the CV my coworker already asked!"

Incorrect...CV is free with your BB data plan if u are getting the error telling you need to upgrade you need to call AT&T to reprovision the plan and it's included. Other details were included in DJSmooth's post.

As for going back...never, I loved my curve...but for me to hold a pearl or curve now, seems so arcane after using my Bold.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I would never go back to the Curve. I love the Bold. I get better battery life from my Curve, but the benefits if 3G and over all experience out weighs the short comings.

The Curve feels funny when I hold it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast