Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Curious to see how the phone responds to a T-MO sim w/ no 3g. I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

homexlife no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone on T-Mo using ATT Bold?

Advertisement

Curious to see how the phone responds to a T-MO sim w/ no 3g. I need to get a phone ASAP and wondering if the ATT bold will do the trick just as well as the Rogers one will.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    There are some stackers that are using rogers bold on Tmo and other unlocked bolds. The 3g will not work because the bold dose not handle the Tmo 3g frequency.

But it works very well with the EDGE network. If you want the 3g then you have to go to ATT.

My bold is in the mail and my carrier is Tmo.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

homexlife no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. Ya i understand that concept, but what I am curious about is how an unlocked ATT bold will react to a t-mo sim. Since there is no option of shutting off 3g on an ATT model, will the phone look for the 3g signal the whole time or will it just automatically run off edge?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by homexlife View Post
    Thanks. Ya i understand that concept, but what I am curious about is how an unlocked ATT bold will react to a t-mo sim. Since there is no option of shutting off 3g on an ATT model, will the phone look for the 3g signal the whole time or will it just automatically run off edge?
    Great question and here is your answer:
    The phone WILL run off Edge but will constantly be looking for a 3G signal which will drain your battery pretty fast.
    On T-Mo i would recommend a Rogers unlocked Bold which have the "Turn 3G Off" option in their ROM so you can save your battery life.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Great question and here is your answer:
    The phone WILL run off Edge but will constantly be looking for a 3G signal which will drain your battery pretty fast.
    On T-Mo i would recommend a Rogers unlocked Bold which have the "Turn 3G Off" option in their ROM so you can save your battery life.
    Holy wow, another confirming reason for me not to get the bold. Thanks!

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    great info anyone else using tmo with bold yet?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    theres a bunch of stackers around but again ALL using Rogers Bolds on Edge.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    those im asuuming we can get through ebay.... not sure if local anyone would have it where i am... hmmmmm

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I can send one your way if you want all you have to do is send me the money to cover the purchase of the bold outright and the shipping to you i dont want any extra money ill just buy it and ship it to you.
    If you want references for me look for the thread jimbee made about me when i did this for him (buying bold).
    Let me know

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2
    Would the same be true for Verizon? I have a friend that wants the bold, but I'm not sure what to tell him since he is on verizon.

meCka no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B482B1
    I have a Unlocked Rogers Bold on T-mobile USA and everything works perfect!

Only thing is that we have no 3G,so be sure to turn 3G off to save battery. It helped me alot. If you need any help PIN me ill be glad to help anyone out.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I can send one your way if you want all you have to do is send me the money to cover the purchase of the bold outright and the shipping to you i dont want any extra money ill just buy it and ship it to you.
    If you want references for me look for the thread jimbee made about me when i did this for him (buying bold).
    Let me know
    hnmmm sound interesting... what would the price be?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well you figure out the shipping from Ottawa, ON Canada to wherever you are using UPS and let me know.
    As far as the phone itself itll be 649.99CAD + 13% Ontario tax = 735CAD =
    637.621 USD

Plus shipping + 20$ CAD for packing supplies (we forgot that with JB so he just sent a BodyGuarz skin my way).
    Let me know

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    So is this a fact that an unlocked ATT Bold used on a TMO EDGE network will constantly search for a 3G signal thus draining the battery life and/or interrupt signal all together?

Can anyone confirm this?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

No

Quote Originally Posted by psallee View Post
    Would the same be true for Verizon? I have a friend that wants the bold, but I'm not sure what to tell him since he is on verizon.
    Verizon is CDMA, the Bold is a GSM only device, there is no way the current model will ever work on Verizon.

Wait for the CDMA model using EvDO

The Bold 9030

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast