I have At&t and this morning my phone started dropping calls in an area where ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Droopidog no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone having service issues this morning

Advertisement

I have At&t and this morning my phone started dropping calls in an area where I normally have great coverage. Then I noticed that I only have one bar or it is says searching for network or no service. It only does this in 3G, if I switch to 2G I get edge.

I have a Rogers unlocked Bold on At&T network. Any one else having problems?

Thanks

Kim

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    It sounds like a local tower problem. These things arte usually fixed rather quickly.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

I've been on the phone with At&T for the last 30 minutes. Thay say that no work is being done in my area and no tower outages. They've run through the checklist. I am currently on hold waiting for a RIM tech that they are transfering me too.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe try updating your roaming list on your phone. With Telus I do it once a month. Find out from your carrie what the number is to update it. With telus the number we use is *22803 then push 1 then push 2 to update your roaming list. Hope this helps.
    BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

Just go off the phone. They said they had a tower go down a week ago but it was up. Think it may be down again since my 2G is acing funny too. So now it's a wait and see. At least they were both very nice and didn't treat me like I didn't know what I was talking about.

Thanks for your replies.

TL
    TL no está en línea Stack level 1
    I too have been having huge problems just trying to make a phone call. I'm in lower manhattan and the 3G service that had been OK or at least usable has been absolutely unusable during "business hours" for the last week or so. I was told by at&t tech support that they are currently "upgrading" their 3G service and it is still ongoing. I thought I had read that they had completed this already. All I know is that my 3G signal has gone from below average but usable to almost completely unusable! I've been forced to switch my Bold to 2G (EDGE) every time I need to make a phone call during the day. Hope it improves soon as this is completely unacceptable!

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    It sounds like a local tower problem. These things arte usually fixed rather quickly.
    I believed that at one point. Recently I was having troubles with att in my neck of the woods. And all of a sudden I started having problems with my 3G coverage. Kept dropping to edge and even gsm, and points of it saying no service. I called att to see what's wrong come to find out there were 5 towers out by my house. And they have been out since aug and work wasn't being done. After my call they sent ppl to fix them and now the service is back to normal"
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102