Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by PittsDriver lol where did you hear that from. I battery pull daily ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    lol where did you hear that from. I battery pull daily and have zero problems associated with that.

Here we go...
    archer6
    Device Expert

Device Details: 9000
    Oct 2006/3,560 posts
    Trust Level:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon
    I don't know if anyone else has the same problem. I would do a battery pull because something on my phone wouldn't be working right. Anyhow, when I turned did a battery pull the first time, I got an error message that said.
    Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException

Also, I have another problem. I have been trying to go on www.pinstack.com from my bold. I am never able to get on and I keep on getting an error message that says "The XML is not well-formed." I can't even get on PS from Viigo. :'(

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigblue95z
    I've gotten the error message that you got but have only got it to occur one time after a battery pull. But also today I picked it up after being on my desk and it was locked up. No buttons responded, no backlight. Had to do a battery pull. I'm regretting getting this piece.

I experienced the same error message, on two of the three Bolds I've had. I manually deleted my service books, before resending them. Also as Gary suggested it is very wise to turn off the device first, then pull the battery. As far as the problem with the device being locked up, unfortunately I have had that problem as well. While a reset would fix it, the result was only temporary.

And by the way, I tried the latest OS version, upgraded and downgraded to no avail.

One thing's for sure I have had quite a long list of problems with the three Bolds. (not a complaint, it is what it is) I used both AT&T tech support chat, as well as calling in on five separate occasions, had my cases escalated to the highest level of tech support. Unfortunately it was only to have them tell me they were aware of the issues and had no fix. So, I've given up on the Bold experience for now. I'm taking a wait and see position as who knows, RIM may fix these issues. In that case I may try again. 3G is of great value to me.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I also read somewhere that it's bad, I don't recall where though and have been searching.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    if your having trubles, you know the Beta .190 is out right? if you cant fix your issues , perhaps giving the beta .190 a try. its been working flawlessly with me for 2-3 days now

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've always turned off my device before a battery pull(except the lockup). Like shutting down the computer before yanking the cord.
    On a side note, I have yet to get that error, or have my device freeze since. It has reset once tho. But none of my issues have really been a repeat(from the software side, physical is another)

Well after the upgrade to .185 I've lost docs to go, no BBM, and all the games. GREAT!! Just when I though everything was all gravy, I start to notice things missing! Anyone else in my boat?

Whew! I guess since I loaded the OS using the app loader through a command prompt that it did not reload docs, games, and bbm. Realized I never opened up DM so I plugged it in and opened DM. Said it had language updates so I clicked options and it had docs, games, and bbm listed with no checkmark so I checked them all, loaded up and all it GGRRRRREAT!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123