I just upgraded from the 8310 to the 9000 due to an unfortunate laundry-related incident. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

CameronLane no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone able to pair their Bold w/ Acura/Honda Hands-Free Link?

Advertisement

I just upgraded from the 8310 to the 9000 due to an unfortunate laundry-related incident. One of my favorite features is the ability to use my phone with my Acura TL's Hands Free Link (HFL). Unfortunately, the Bold won't pair up...the Bold doesn't seem to support HFL yet.

Has anyone been able to get their Bold to pair with their Acura or Honda's HFL? Are there any work-arounds?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Cameron,

It's probably on Operating System incompatibility issue. You'll need to contact Acura and find out from them which OS their systems are compatible with.

Roger

Here's a link that will help you.

Roger- I definitely appreciate the response. Thank you.

I have been to Acura's HFL website, and the 9000 is not currently listed as a supported phone. When I first got my 8300, I had a similar issue, which was eventually resolved with a firmware/BB OS update (which I'm trying now). I guess I'm a little surprised that BB's latest and greatest doesn't include support for HFL out of the box. It's not like it's new technology. I was just curious whether anyone else has had luck getting their Bold to pair, or whether it was just me!

Cheers,
    Cam

Cam,

I think an e-mail to Acura is in order to get on the ball with their supported devices!

By the way, had a similar laundry-related incident with a digital camera. That's one time I'm glad I sprung for the optional insurance!

Regards,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Cam,

I think an e-mail to Acura is in order to get on the ball with their supported devices!

By the way, had a similar laundry-related incident with a digital camera. That's one time I'm glad I sprung for the optional insurance!

Regards,
    Roger
    Yeah, unfortunately I forgot to add the equipment insurance when I got my 8300. That was a painful lesson. With my new BB, adding the insurance was the first thing I did after I activated the thing!

By the way, if I understand correctly, Acura has no control over which phones HFL supports, and there is no way that I know of to update my car's HFL's firmware. Rather, it is the phone that has to support HFL. For example, when I first got my 8300, it was not listed on HFL's website as being a supported phone, and it would not pair with the 8300. However, following a firmware/OS update on my 8300, it was able to pair to HFL just fine, and it was subsequently added as a supported phone on HFL's website. Since it seems to be the phone that has to support pairing with HFL and not the other way around, it surprises me a little that the Bold didn't ship with HFL support.
    Last edited by CameronLane; 11-26-2008 at 03:12 PM.

I finally succeeded in updating the firmware on my new BB to .190, and it paired with the Acura's HFL on the first attempt...so, if you have the same problem I had, update the firmware.

schwabez no está en línea Stack level 1
    I saw ure response re the new bold and wanted to ask u a question>>>i recently switched from verizon o the new bold and it seems that i cant transfer to HFL unless the other person actually picks up...so i end up having to dial, put it on speaker, then hear the person pick up and then hit the buton and say :"transfer"

i used to just dial and say transfer and it would transfer even while ringing

do u have any thoughts or ideas on how to bypass this?

what a pain!!

Quote Originally Posted by schwabez View Post
    I saw ure response re the new bold and wanted to ask u a question>>>i recently switched from verizon o the new bold and it seems that i cant transfer to HFL unless the other person actually picks up...so i end up having to dial, put it on speaker, then hear the person pick up and then hit the buton and say :"transfer"

i used to just dial and say transfer and it would transfer even while ringing

do u have any thoughts or ideas on how to bypass this?

what a pain!!
    I"m not completely sure what you're trying to do. Are you trying to transfer your call from the handset to HFL, or from HFL to the handset? In other words, are you dialing from your phone and then transferring to HFL?

I typically just dial verbally using HFL once the phone pairs with HFL, which usually occurs as soon as I turn the car on, so I've never run into any issues with transferring calls back and forth because I don't use that feature.

Wish I could be of more help!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Isn't Hands Free Link just a fancy way of saying BlueTooth?

davespc no está en línea Stack level 1

my acura paired

i just got a bold. it paired with no problems to my 06 mdx. can you get to a dealer or call the 800 acura help line? A real human will help you.
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Isn't Hands Free Link just a fancy way of saying BlueTooth?
    BlueTooth is a form of wireless networking technology that has many uses. For example, my computer keyboard and mouse use bluetooth, and my phone can synch with my computer using bluetooth.

HFL uses BlueTooth technology to pair the phone with the vehicle, but HFL is not BlueTooth.
    Last edited by CameronLane; 12-25-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davespc View Post
    i just got a bold. it paired with no problems to my 06 mdx. can you get to a dealer or call the 800 acura help line? A real human will help you.
    dave
    I believe the issue was with the initial firmware release on the Bold. Mine paired no problem after I updated. My guess is that since you just got a Bold, yours came with a more recent firmware version than I had when I got mine.