Hello All, My wife just bought a Bold from AT&T the other day. I have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

OCjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Any ideas what is happening...

Advertisement

Hello All,

My wife just bought a Bold from AT&T the other day. I have been a BB user for two years. She is using a MAC and had download Pocket MAC. We were able to get the contacts from her MAC address book to load on the blackberry without any difficultly. We ran into an issue after loading a few thrid party apps.(yahoo, google maps, google sync). The problems we encountered were an "uncaught exception-java.lang.NullPointerException" and a now missing Address book.

I checked the address book, the contacts filter and settings. The address books menu is showing there are 69 contacts but none are showing. Under the main address book view it is even showing spacers and allows me to scroll like there is info present but it is not visible. Well, I finally decided to connect my wife's BB to my PC and looked under backup/restore, advanced, device database. At this point I learned the Address book is not present.

Any Ideas on what could have caused this, and how to fix it?

Joe

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Have tyou tried to restore it via an old backup file....or had you made one yet. I just went thru the painful process of rebuilding myself and the backup was done via BT so I did not get it all and have been trying w/o complete success to find all my apps again. I made sure to do a backup after loading every other app as I have heard this too many times. Some ppl say I am too careful, but my time is vaueable and it is much quicker to do a wipe and 3 min backup than a complete reinstall.

As to the error, I would remove the apps one by one, it sounds like a loading error. If removing all of them, does not fix it, a wipe and complete software reload may be required.

Hope this helps. . . and feel free to reply with any Q:
    Last edited by thbassman; 02-23-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

If I do A wipe...

Thank you for the reply.

I thought I might have to do a wipe. We have not had a chance to back anything up since all this happened within the first 12 hours of owning the device.

If I did wipe the device,which I have never had to do on my own BB, how would I reinstall the OS using a MAC? Is the OS even wiped or is it just the data stored on the device and any third party apps?

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    it is just the data that is on the device, the os is not deleted. it will be just as it came out of the box
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

So far it's fixed...

Thank you to everyone who replied and viewed the post. Late last night, after talking to a few people and reading all the posts, I figured it would be best to wipe the device and start over from factory settings. So far,wiping the device appears to have fixed the issue.

My best guess for the cause of the issue was a faulty popular third party application download, or loading of the application. I have come to that conclusion since I have not attempted to download or load that application since wiping the device.

MPM01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249D8977
    I run into the same problem occasionally only when phone resets. I nvr bothered to figure out which app is the problem cuz I have over 20 installed. So I just take out battery and when it restarts its always fine. That's kinda cavemanish but works till I fully clear everything and reload.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~