Like what the title says, just wondering if there's any HK Bold users on this ... BlackBerry Bold forum

artty no está en línea Stack level 1

Any HK Bold users here?

Advertisement

Like what the title says, just wondering if there's any HK Bold users on this forum.

If there is any 1010 users ?

PIN/ID
    AskMe

KChuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi there, hello from HK.

There are a number of Bold user here scattered around, you may like to find some from those chinese forums.

hey KCHUCK...just wondering are you hooked up with any telecom company at the moment with the bold ?

tfung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076720F
    Hi there.. I'm from HK and using the Bold... currently on Smartone

Quote Originally Posted by artty View Post
    hey KCHUCK...just wondering are you hooked up with any telecom company at the moment with the bold ?
    Hi Artty,

For the Bold, I signed up a 2-year contract with PCCW to be starting in Mid Oct, now using "3" sim (my old 8800) for its 2G service. Frankly the screen resolution is stunning and the music playback is way better than what I expected. Battery is reasonable with only the 2G, 1 plus day for full (crazy) loading and around 2 days for normal usage, still, can't compare with the 8800. Firmware (.126) remains untouched at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tfung View Post
    Hi there.. I'm from HK and using the Bold... currently on Smartone
    Hi tfung,

Nice to meet you here, you rich man using SMV, how's the 3G coverage, I think it's rock stable, right?

Just wondering guys....i'm going for 123...but i'm kinda confused cos they said it's required to have the BB plan for the phone to work..I mean their bb plan is for push email and such right? I mean push email to me is not a must, but if i sign up for a normal data plan would i still be able to use bb messenger ?

I don't think you could still be using the BBM with a normal data plan. There is some kind of money sharing I guess between carriers and RIM for BB plan data usage. For my understanding, the normal data plan is for iphone which is now selling through apple store, no need to be tied up with contracts.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by artty View Post
    Just wondering guys....i'm going for 123...but i'm kinda confused cos they said it's required to have the BB plan for the phone to work..I mean their bb plan is for push email and such right? I mean push email to me is not a must, but if i sign up for a normal data plan would i still be able to use bb messenger ?
    Youll be able to use everything BUT any application that goes thru the BB servers meaning :
    BBmessenger
    Push Email
    BBweather
    Facebook
    WLM
    etc...
    Anything other than that youre fine

tfung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076720F
    Smartone 3G coverage is very good... hardly ever goes down to GPRS except sometimes in elevators... Although they are very expensive.. I think they have replaced CSL as the most expensive carrier in HK.. but then CSL network coverage has been getting worse and worse lately (I use a CSL 2G phone as well)... currently using 4.6.0.150 and no problems so far at all...