Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't use the UMA feature at all. Thanks all, I'm still on a hunt ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570

Advertisement

I don't use the UMA feature at all. Thanks all, I'm still on a hunt for a Bold. If anyone wants to sell theirs or has an extra one lying around send me a PM or a PIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Gary is right if you thinking to use the UMA feature the Bold doesn't support that, other than that I'd say is the way to go...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I was surprised how often UMA has come in handy for me. I've been at the doctor before and noticed I had no signal. I did a quick Wi-Fi scan, found their complimentary access point and was back to readin Pinstack and checking e-mail.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Ahh nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I was surprised how often UMA has come in handy for me. I've been at the doctor before and noticed I had no signal. I did a quick Wi-Fi scan, found their complimentary access point and was back to readin Pinstack and checking e-mail.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

No UMA on Bold

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Why would you need UMA to do that? Using WiFi on the Bold would have accomplished the same thing.

Unless you need to make a phone call thruogh WiFi, UMA is not necessary.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Why would you need UMA to do that? Using WiFi on the Bold would have accomplished the same thing.

Unless you need to make a phone call thruogh WiFi, UMA is not necessary.
    Well yes, perhaps I should have clarified that I was able to make calls at that point also.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmtl View Post
    Great device , it has everything and is pretty solid.
    Only downside is if you drop it
    not really....i drop my bold all the time (yes i know...bad) but it takes it like a pro! it's a little scratched up now on the sides, but she's working great still!

Quote Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
    I had the Bold (still have one for work) and switched to the 8900.. I do agree, the Bold keyboard is better however, UMA, memory and form factor is better for me with the 8900!
    UMA for most people isn't a big deal i've found. i find that we do not use our voice options much anyway. this holds true not just for me and my fiance, but also most of our friends and family. we rarely, if ever, actually talk on the phone. 95% of communication that we do is over text/email/bbm. so being able to make wifi calls really doesn't matter. as long as we have data, we're good to go.

aingaran no está en línea Stack level 2
    The only thing I don't like about the Bold is the battery life. I love everything else about it!
    aingaran | google voice: 347.565.4380 | bb pin: 20E9A99A

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    Hi fellow PSers, I currently have a BB 8900 w/ T-Mo. I am thinking of switching to a Bold. I know the "Driftwood" is slated to come to T-Mo at some point in time. Pricing for the Bold isn't an issue, it also seems like the Bold has a more solid feel to it than my 8900. Just looking for some other opinions from Bold users. Also my 8900 isn't as quiet as I'd like it to be a lot of "clickety-clack" is still there too. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. I'm looking to get a Rogers / AT&T branded Bold.
    I had an unlock bold on Tmo since it was released last year. The only thing that didn't work was fav (but it was being credited to my account for the calls to myfave contacts) and MSN messenger. MSN messenger had a tough time signing in. Everything else was super. Just recently gave it up to try the storm out.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by aingaran View Post
    The only thing I don't like about the Bold is the battery life. I love everything else about it!
    i hear that from a lot of people, but i've been lucky with mine. i use it a LOT and i can go two days easy without charging. yea it's at like 10% by the end of the second day, but it will make it through. i've found that if you're in a area where there's low service it kills the battery very fast.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only thing I can say against the Bold is the terrible feeling I have if I don't have it with me....

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok I'm late to this, but let me , at least, mark the spot as well...
    Considering all the answers already given there are a further two to add:
    1) Compared to the 8900 the keyboard of the 9000 allows you to press Alt and 7 without much of thumb gymnastics..
    2) The downside of the 9000 is having to show it off to all your friends... it's time consuming !
    Go ahead - enjoy!

PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I'm still shopping for my Bold! I will post asap when I get one. I liked that example "thumb gymnastics" lol

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Ok I'm late to this, but let me , at least, mark the spot as well...
    Considering all the answers already given there are a further two to add:
    1) Compared to the 8900 the keyboard of the 9000 allows you to press Alt and 7 without much of thumb gymnastics..
    2) The downside of the 9000 is having to show it off to all your friends... it's time consuming !
    Go ahead - enjoy!
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

goofysredneck no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20d3330c
    I have a bnib bold 9000at&t for trade and or taking cash offers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    I'm still shopping for my Bold! I will post asap when I get one. I liked that example "thumb gymnastics" lol

BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Thanks for letting me know. I just purchased a very, very good mint condition Bold from ebay. Thanks anyways! Yay I finally got one in awesome condition and it was unlocked, and it wasn't $450+. If I have any more questions once I receive it I will post something.

Quote Originally Posted by goofysredneck View Post
    I have a bnib bold 9000at&t for trade and or taking cash offers!

BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12