Hi guys I just got my Bold shipped from Turkey and got it's simlock open ... BlackBerry Bold forum

filyadu no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Hi guys I just got my Bold shipped from Turkey and got it's simlock open but i am having troubles with it. First of all although i got subscribed to the EDGE and started using messenger i can't use the browser to surf. Everytime I try a msg pops up sayin that "this is a wi-fi service. please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again." Btw i m using Tmobile as a service provider. I went to a Tmo store today and asked the guy who didn't have any clue about the case but he told me to download opera mini cuz the blackberry browser sucked. so i downloaded it via wi-fi but still didn't work when i turned off wi-fi.
    another problem that i have is that even though i can get connected and surf via wi-fi i cant download apps like msn live messenger or facebook. it stops saying that i have to click to use activex control as if i was connected from a pc and windows wasnt letting it download the file.
    So i finally tried do install the software which is in the CD so i can download the apps to my computer and then add them via USB but when i connected my Bold to the pc and tried to download messenger via blackberry's web site a screen comes up saying that there's no device connected althought i can see on my computer and software that the device is properly connected.
    Guys i seriously need ur help cuz i have been waiting for this phone for months and now i can't even use the most common features

oh another prob that i found maps dont work either.. it keeps looking for a satelite
    waiting for your help guyss...
    Last edited by reddog187; 10-01-2008 at 09:37 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    basically you would have to resend your service books through your service provider's BIS website

what does this mean? i m not pretty sure that i got it... :S

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you are on T-Mobile, they should have a launch page for BlackBerry. Login with your user ID and then resend the Service Books

There should also be an icon on the Bold for email setup. Login thru that and then resend your service books. The login on the Bold should go to the T-Mobile page, but if it doesn't, you will need to access it from your computer

You should have got the Bold from Canada. Hard to tell what a Turkish one will be like.

it was a present so i didnt really have the chance to choose unfortunately..
    i tried to open tmobile page from my bb but it says that this page is not accessible from this cell phone.. do you know whats the link that i should go there..
    and what is a service book? where can i find it?