How little is too little memory on a Bold? I have a serious memory leak ... BlackBerry Bold forum

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Another memory question

Advertisement

How little is too little memory on a Bold? I have a serious memory leak that I can not find. After a restart/bat pull it starts around 29 MB but then starts dropping. I can have it sitting on the desk not doing a thing and after 5 mins or so it'll be down to 27 MB and that is not touching it after a restart.

I try to clear my event log and browser cache regularly but that doesn't seem to help all that much. I have never cleared my Pushed Content Cache simply because I don't know what it is and don't want to find out the hard way.

Apps I have installed:

Google Maps
    Yahoo! Go
    Yellow Pages
    Fox News Alert
    Google Sync

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,
    Keith

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Everything in the Cache Operations can be deleted safely. Pushed Content Cache simply means the combined size of all content pushed to your phone from the web.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    What OS version are you running? It is well known that some OS versions are plagued with memory leaks. To check your OS do the following:

Options-About...second or third line down will list your OS version starting with a lower case "v".

I'd suggest upgrading to at least .190 as its the latest official OS released for the Bold.

Hopefully this at least gets you on the right track.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Sorry for the double post but for comparison, I start up (after a battery pull or hard reset) with about 53MB of available memory, almost double what you're working with...and there's no way that temp/cache files would be draining you THAT much.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~