Ok, I'm on my 2nd bold. This ones from canada, everythings seems really well built ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

another bold issue??

Advertisement

Ok, I'm on my 2nd bold. This ones from canada, everythings seems really well built until last bight I noticed this squeak when I would use the track ball to scroll down. What it turned out to be is the piece that goes across the top of the main buttons and is just under the screen. in the middle of this piece it has raised up a little. I can physically press it down about a mm. Went to the at&t store and the display model does the same thing so I left it at that. Does anyone else notice this on their device ? I found the squeak comes from my skin as it doesn't do it all the time. So that's not an issue. Just. Wondering if anyone else has this and is it common. I have a case mate skin coming in tomorrow so all of this will be covered up soon. Still bugs me a little to know its there.

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine is made in canada as well and I don't see it with my device, no squeak or anything so far here! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Well the squeek isn't the issue for me as this is just a byproduct of the strip of plastic that seperates the screen and the main keys. Its loose in the middle of this piece and can be pressed down about 1 mm. Doing that makes it flush again. The squeak comes from the moisture on my fingers going across the plastic that has play in it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I was unaware of this untill I read this thread. I see what you mean. My Bold made in Canada and has that same characteristic. The plastic strip below the bottom edge of the display is bowed up in the center.

That said I don't notice a problem per se other than it can be pushed down which indicates a possible misfit. Also my trackball has begun to squeak which is quite annoying. However I'm not sure it's related. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Now that I'm aware of the bow in the strip I will watch it closer.

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    LOL!

I guess I am so busy running my company and dealing with 60+ emails a day plus about the same number of phone calls I failed to hear if mine has a little squeek!

I know I am going to get blasted for this but I can only feel sorry for some so sensitive that these little things can bother so much
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Archer , I noticed this first when I thought it was the track ball. Mines not the track ball out that piece when I move my thumb across it to use the track ball Wich is almost imposible not to touch.I'm curious is this is your case or your actual trackball squeeking. I don't think I'm being over sensitive. Its just that this is the top modle from rim. I expect it to be built like it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I was unaware of this untill I read this thread. I see what you mean. My Bold made in Canada and has that same characteristic. The plastic strip below the bottom edge of the display is bowed up in the center.

That said I don't notice a problem per se other than it can be pushed down which indicates a possible misfit. Also my trackball has begun to squeak which is quite annoying. However I'm not sure it's related. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Now that I'm aware of the bow in the strip I will watch it closer.

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are right... both of mine have this, one more than the other (the one with the black bezel is actually better because I assembled it myself I think... lol... but really I didn't notice this before. If you take it apart, that piece is just kind of there.. nothing to attach or secure it. Too bad the design just went straight from the LCD to the buttons...or another of the silver strips would ave been nice too...secured to something like the single keyboard piece....

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Archer , I noticed this first when I thought it was the track ball. Mines not the track ball out that piece when I move my thumb across it to use the track ball Wich is almost imposible not to touch.I'm curious is this is your case or your actual trackball squeeking. I don't think I'm being over sensitive. Its just that this is the top modle from rim. I expect it to be built like it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Kudos for your excellent observation and conclusion!

You are absolutely right, I too thought it was the trackball until you pointed this out, then I purposely insured that I did not touch the "crossbar" when rolling the trackball, and NO squeak. As you say it's nearly impossible to roll the trackball down without touching that black plastic ridge. So on one hand it does not solve the problem, but on the other hand I feel relieved that it's not something internal or a sign of a problem. Thus for me it goes into the category of an annoyance which I will just have to live with for now. As a top of the line model we should not have these issues but it is what it is.