I have a new bold and love it, the problem I am having is that ... BlackBerry Bold forum

pcbobsledder no está en línea Stack level 1

always waititng (black clock)

Advertisement

I have a new bold and love it, the problem I am having is that I am constantly getting the black clock in the middle of the screen. I spend more time waiting for that than I do actually using it. What is going onan and what can I do to fix it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    First of all make sure you close out all apps running in the background except the ones that stay running at all times ( phone,BBMë,ect.) Nxt check your phone memory under options>status to see your available memory. You can also clear your event log by holding in the alt key and pressing LGLG and then clearing it in the menu option. Nxt do a battery pull and put it back in after 30 seconds. That should free up your phone memory. Hopefully your berry will run faster. If not try installing a new OS to see if that's the issue. Good luck

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    If this is a new bold I would upgrade the op system immediately to the lateste official release (or beta) depending on preferance. Check with your carrier website or the forums here on the stacks for lots of input on the various op systems. To find out how to do the upgrades just search upgrade and the threads will provide detailed step by step directions! Good luck, and ask lots of questions..there are lots of pros on the stacks to help you!

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    sounds to me like they were having the problem more consistently then a battery pull would be required. I think BBQwest had the right idea with the background app(s). I've noticed mine does it once in a while when I have certain programs running in the background......

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Seem like a mem problem what's your file free? options, status third line

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    ^^^ I agree. The only time I start having that problem is if my app memory gets too low. Clean out the unecessary things u don't use. Then do a battery pull. I think that will alleviate a lot of the problem. :d good job, ealvnv! Great advice!

pcbobsledder no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks everybody, I will try all of the ideas. I think it is the apps running in the background, I never exit them, I just use the End Call button to get out.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Make sure to end them and also get rid of those that you don't use...