Hi, well i'm pretty upset as I seemed to have somehow accidentally wiped all my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

clalot no está en línea Stack level 1

Question all memos and saved messages disappeared after restore

Advertisement

Hi, well i'm pretty upset as I seemed to have somehow accidentally wiped all my texts and memos from the last 6 months which were very important to me...It all started when my camera stopped working, I think after installing an app from the app store or something, which I deleted, but the camera still didn't work. So I went through all my text messages, saving those I wanted to keep by using menu-save, then copy-pasted all my memos onto a draft e-mail and used menu-save. I then clicked the back-up button on the desktop manager for mac, and when than was done clicked restore. Alas, there are no saved messages to speak of, nor memos, nor texts. And to top it off, the camera still doesn't work...

Could someone please tell me not only how to find my saved sms messages and e-mail messages, if that's even possible, but also if anyone knows how to get the camera working again that would be great!

thank you!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your missing items.

I am not familiar with the Mac version of DM, but I'm assuming the backup and restore feature works similarly to the Windows version.

When you selected "Restore," did it give you a choice of backup files to use?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Check in DM and go to applications and see what it brings up memo may not be checked I've lost my saved messages a time or two

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

clalot no está en línea Stack level 1

all sorted

Thank you guys! Found it all and very happy! turns out it was an older update I had to restore. Opps! Still, camera not working, but I'll bet there's a bunch of threads about that!
    Thank again for the advice!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you tried the good old battery pull to get your camera working again?

With the device powered ON, remove the battery for a few minutes, then replace it. See if your camera works again upon boot.

If not, you might consider an OS update, overwriting the existing camera app with a fresh one.