Hi all, So I have both trials installed, and I wonder why I would need ... BlackBerry Bold forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Aerize and/or PeeKaWo...which one, or both???

Advertisement

Hi all,

So I have both trials installed, and I wonder why I would need both? Don't they kind of do the same thing?

PeeKaWo's latest version talks about its latest version being great at integrating with Aerize, which leads me to believe that there IS a purpose for having both installed simultaneously!????

But again, I think I'll only need one or the other. Can anyone tell me why I would need both? They're also both running in the background, so it's likely to be better to have only one so as not to slow down the BB too much??

Finally, if I had to choose, which one would/are you using and why? I love what they do w/ pop-up's w/o having to exit an app. So I'll definitely get one or the other.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've never heard of Peekawho being able to integrate with Aerize Alerts. I've read where it integrates with FollowUp. But they both pretty much do the same thing as far as I have used them. I tried both (and bought Aerize during its 2.50 sale), but I don't really use either.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was going to say the exact same thing...I have used the trials of both versions and bought Aerize for $2.50 but the programs had a few to many glitches for my taste. If I was going to use one though I would go w/ Aerize.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have purchased both and find I like the idea but they are both glitchy and need more work. Here is a review I wrote on Aerize. Hope it helps.

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have both too. Unlike others, I like PeekAWho better. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting responses. Thank you. I haven't really encountered problems with running them at all. Even when run concurrently. How are they glichty? Resets? Crashes?

Thanks again.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Personally I think peekawho is less glitchy and offers more features. Aziere was cheaper if memory serves.
    For me I noticed it would slow my bb down. And sometimes freeze up. It would be annoying if I'd get a bunch of emails or texts together. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't have any empirical evidence, but they seems to slow my system down. I also had lockups when Peekawho was installed and active. I didn't take the time to pin it down to that specific app, but I did notice my lockups disappeared after uninstalling it.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i would think having both would cause conflicts, cus both programs would be trying to do the same job.
    In Any case, i too have used both, and ultimately i Bought Aerize for my Bold and Storm.
    worked and seemed better to me.