Just curious, what are the advantages of G mail vs other email accounts?... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advantages of G mail?

Advertisement

Just curious, what are the advantages of G mail vs other email accounts?

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    There are quite a few things that I like about Gmail:
    Gmail chat, SMS text, themes, labs help customize email experience, gadgets to personalize your email page, and some other nice features.

The only other email I've had is earthlink, but that was sooo long ago. Gmail is constantly adding new features, making it more enjoyable to use.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    When viewing on your Bold is avalible as an icon or would I have to log in through the browser? And if I can have an icon how would it change the "view" , because my yahoo account looks the same as my blackberry account. ~via smartphone~

miccic no está en línea Stack level 1
    The only reason I got a gmail address was to take advantage of what I heard was the best spam filter on the net. And I heard right. I never get any spam since I forward mail through my gmail address. 100% best spam filter on the net. And I've been very happy with the way it integrates with my igoogle home page - gmail, calendar, rss feeds, google talk. Sync'd with my blackberry. I'm a fan.

and you can have the icon.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Does anyone get the "you have been selected for a 20 million" on g mail~via smartphone~

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Just curious, what are the advantages of G mail vs other email accounts?
    One of the biggest advantages is that it threads the "reply all" messages...so if you constantly get emails where everyone is "replying all" it threads them together so you don't have 100 different emails floating around...it just groups it together

One of the best spam filters

One of the best searches for finding old emails...

and 7294 MB of space and counting

eaglerider no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20860E3F
    Gmail BB client issues:

*How can I select text from a mail, and paste into either a txt or memo.? I can see I can select anything from within the Gmail BB client.

*How to delete or Archive several mails at once - looks like there's no multi-select option at all
    ~via smartphone~