Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now I want to say that I am a HUGE Seidio case fan, especially their ... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

A SEIDIO Warning!

Advertisement

Now I want to say that I am a HUGE Seidio case fan, especially their Innocase Surface series - I have had them on every phne I have EVER had - From the 8320 to the 3GS and now a Bold 2. BUT, I will tell you this - And not everyone may have experienced this, but the sliding cases do and will put a scuff/scratch or two on certain parts of the 9700 - I bought mine, out of the box perfect - They didnt even open it at ATT - Sealed and all. I slid the case on and tookm it off about an hour later to do a battery pull and swap out a higher gig card - low and behold, there are two scuffs on the left/right upper corners - On the back plastic.

So, if you're sopnsidering one of these cases for your bold, and you're really anal, keep this in mind.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You should make a point to contact them about this. Their tech support seems pretty responsive. I'd definitely complain about it.

May be - and they are responsive ys -But what are they gonna do? Replace the phone? Doubt it. If it was a case issue, they wouldcertainly swap out the case I'm sure - But once the phone is scratched the "damage" is done - Perhaps I am being to anal about this but I have literally noticed it one every device I have put into their slip cases - I keep uing them because they offer the bet protection/look I need. A Case is supposed to protect a device...or am I crazy?

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Good point terra.....a case should protect and like a Dr. "Do No Harm".....I really like my Otter Box and it covers the screen, keys, and case......and it "locks" into the belt clip......I have never felt safer with my BB as I am with the Otter Box.....the downside....it really looks like the slab the UPS guy carries for signatures.....but I'll put up with that....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

funny thing is that I too have an Otterbox defender case as well - abandoned it for two reasons - it's HUGE and you can forget slipping it in/out of a pocket. The silicone, like all other silicone, attracts so much lint, dust, debris that by the end of the day it's like your device has morphed into a stuffed animal...

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    LOL. Stuffed animal.

Have you given Best Skins Ever a thought?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I user the Incipio Silicrylic on my 9700. Its kind of like a smaller, less bulky version of the standard Otter case. A thin rubber inside lining goes on the phone first, then a hard protective outer shell goes over that. Since the rubber lining is the only part that actually comes in contact with the device-no scuffs. Also, its no larger than the Seidio, and the hard shell makes it easy to get in and out of your pocket/holster. I use a 9000 OEM holster with it and it fits perfectly. Just a thought. I know how disheartening getting scuffs on a new device can be, I had a Seidio on my new crimson 8310 and it did exactly the same thing you described.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

k.meredith no está en línea Stack level 1
    My sister and I have had the same thing happen with the SEIDIO cases, and our Tours. Otterbox has a commuter series that makes it smaller that the Otterbox Defender series, it has the silicone sleeve that slides into a hard plastic shell, so you can slide it in your pocket, like the Incipio described above. Very disheartening have your new bb scratched like that. At first I thought "dirt & debris" just got in there and marred the BB, I wipe my bb off with alcohol and a lint free cloth every time I change the battery, which is twice a day, I also wipe out the case, so I don't think that was the problem........

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    May be - and they are responsive ys -But what are they gonna do? Replace the phone? Doubt it. If it was a case issue, they wouldcertainly swap out the case I'm sure - But once the phone is scratched the "damage" is done - Perhaps I am being to anal about this but I have literally noticed it one every device I have put into their slip cases - I keep uing them because they offer the bet protection/look I need. A Case is supposed to protect a device...or am I crazy?
    No, I agree 100% that the case that is supposed to PROTECT your device should NOT cause damage to it. I meant that Seidio needs to be made aware of this to refine the cases and prevent this from happening. I'd take a look at their website and see if they have any sort of disclaimer which would preclude them from being sued for something like this. They do make some great cases and for the most part, Seidio cases are all I have used on my devices, but for something like this to happen, they need to be made aware of it and correct it.

Their Innocase 360 is a great concept and I bought two of them, however the keyboard cover has a design flaw whereby it gets caught up on your thumb under the tracking device (trackpad in my case) and causes excessive wear and tear on the case. They've already replaced one case for me because of this, but I ended up cutting the keyboard cover out until they can redesign this part of the case.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I am also another witness to this. I did see a few scuffs on my old 9700 after taking out the chrome like case I had. Not worth the aggravation. Tell them to fix your phone bro. I exchanged my phone at AT&T so life's good but since you're stuck with it you better tell 'em to fix it or sue them. My 2 centavos
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

This from the Seidio website:

This warranty does not cover failure due to normal wear or abuse, and Seidio holds no liability for damage to devices, loss of data, loss of business or profits caused by products manufactured or sold directly or indirectly from our company. Replacement product does not extend original warranty.

what did you exchange your phone for?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I am also another witness to this. I did see a few scuffs on my old 9700 after taking out the chrome like case I had. Not worth the aggravation. Tell them to fix your phone bro. I exchanged my phone at AT&T so life's good but since you're stuck with it you better tell 'em to fix it or sue them. My 2 centavos
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Not the Seidio issue I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    This warranty does not cover failure due to normal wear or abuse, and Seidio holds no liability for damage to devices, loss of data, loss of business or profits caused by products manufactured or sold directly or indirectly from our company. Replacement product does not extend original warranty.
    LOL! Way to cover their arses. Bottom line is that something that is built to PROTECT your device should DO NO DAMAGE to it!

I know - I'm bummed. I will post their response to a recent e-mail I sent

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I would also post comments on their website and spam them. Jerks!!! Yes, they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast