Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi there just bought the blackberry bold from play.com and afte rhaving it a couple ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

a couple of question about the blackerry bold? blinkberry on the bold?

Advertisement

hi there just bought the blackberry bold from play.com and afte rhaving it a couple of days noticed tha there is no map application on it, i dont have a data plan at the moment but i thought the bold came with a gps map application, is it blackberr maps i can install and will that work?

Also for applications can i install others from the jerryD's thread or they specific to certain bb's.
    Last edited by stolt; 10-04-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep, it should have come with BlackBerry Maps. You should have the software CD that came with it. Install the desktop manager software and device software on your PC, start up DM and go into application manager. You should be able to select BlackBerry Maps and any other bits that are missing (you'll also be able to remove some things you don't want). It's good to remove any languages, themes and other applications you don't want - frees up device memory.

ok thanks, usual me, never ooks in the pack ( thought it was manuals etc and just expected them already preloaded on it).

thanks

just thought of somethign else that i had on my pearl that i really liked, i was application called blinkberry, can anyone confirm that this will work on the bold?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Yep, it should have come with BlackBerry Maps. You should have the software CD that came with it. Install the desktop manager software and device software on your PC, start up DM and go into application manager. You should be able to select BlackBerry Maps and any other bits that are missing (you'll also be able to remove some things you don't want). It's good to remove any languages, themes and other applications you don't want - frees up device memory.

hi there was no blackberry map software with it which is a shame, i have the desktop manager software which i've installed, i tried to install blackberry maps and amAze gps software and i get error messages with blackberry maps i get error starting net_rim_bb_lbs: module does not match codfile timestap of sibling module .............help

and the amAze software shows a commincation error !! althought the free trial of blinkberry works so going to by that now.

just looking for a nice bit of finance software to keep track of bank accounts etc
    Last edited by stolt; 10-04-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you have no data. You will have NO MAPS. Doesn't matter what application you are using. The phone has limited RAM and the physical maps are not stored locally

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's true Ge (missed the point that stolt said he didn't have a data plan yet).

Without a data plan, there really isn't much you can do with your device (other than maybe use the hotspot browser locally).

The error you're getting makes it sound like there's a version mismatch between the version of device software installed on your desktop and what's on your device. These need to be in sync for dependent modules to be used by the BB Maps app.

mm01zmami no está en línea Stack level 2
    You should try google maps - I love it on my pearl! It even has street view and walking directions! I know with the pearl it works with a voice recognition but think that part is only for the pearl but everything else should be available for every blackberry!

I'm looking forward to getting a bold myself so please let me know if it works with google if you decide to try it!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Google Maps is not going to make a difference in his situation. I guess you didn't read the entire thread eh?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah the lack of data means lack of service books and therefore BB maps wasnt pushed to his device.

thanks, i am going to enable the mobile internet which vodaphone do for a £5.00 a month as i'm on a cashback deal then the whole contract is going to cost me only a fiver a month so i'll get that updated and i'll let you know how i get on.

one final question can anyon reccomend a finace application will pay if need be,tried a couple of trial versions, spentwise and moneymanger but they do hav the features i want. just basic stuff that i can keep track of money in accounts, credit cards etc.

stolt, you should make sure that it's a BlackBerry plan, not just mobile internet (your experience with just a normal data plan will be less than desirable).

stolt, you should make sure that it's a BlackBerry plan, not just mobile internet (your experience with just a normal data plan will be less than desirable).

hmmn really, vodaphone have the following options...

Mobile Internet Group
    Monthly charge Options Date Subscribed Select £5.00 Add BlackBerry to Mobile Internet
    £10.00 Mobile Internet & BlackBerry
    £10.00 Mobile Internet & Vodafone Email Plus
    £7.50 Mobile Internet

None

i was going for the £5.00 deal, i dont really use all the email stuff, just basic internet browsing is good for me

You better talk to them - make sure what you're getting with that plan (you want the blackberry browser to work).

You better talk to them - make sure what you're getting with that plan (you want the blackberry browser to work).

ok thanks, i'll give em call, is that because if i just get a bog standard internet plan its not exactly compatible with the blackberry screen or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast