Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK.. I used a storm (4.7.0.76) for a month and have returned to my Bold. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Advertisement

OK.. I used a storm (4.7.0.76) for a month and have returned to my Bold. The Storm is without a doubt sexy but I can tell you as a heavy BB user that it takes more work to get thru simple tasks. The screen concept is not as slick the iPhone (my wife has one and she loves it) and typing, navigating, copying, pasting, taking a picture, and a slew of others is a very frustrating experience on the Storm. RIM has it down with the pearl design for the pearl, Curve and Bold but needs a little more work on the touchscreen. I will admit its fun but when it comes to some of the simpler tasks - it takes more work on the Storm. I'm back to my BOLD to stay for a while.. at least until I can get my hands on the next big idea!

slider8300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3058d9fc

1st impressions of the storm from a curve user

I wanted the storm for some time and I am well aware of new devices/software in that there will be issues. I also know that RIM is a great company and have in the past released updates to address all issues. With all that said I walked into the verizon store and Kathy handed me my Storm phone and told me that there were only 5 in the store so lets get started transferring the account from AT&T to Verizon. I asked her for a few minutes to look at a few issues that I read about for 3 months. Long story short for 45 minutes I tried talking myself into getting this phone. I loved the large screen for watching movies and the browser, it was nice to see a large internet screen for a change. The speed of the OS was slow but knew it would get better with updates along with fine tuning other areas. Then I tied to add a appointment which is something I do all day in my postion and couldn't believe how long it took to added name ,date,time etc. It was like pulling teeth. Also making a phone call without hotkeys was painfully slow. The other reason for not walking out with one is the device (all touchscreen) require two hands at times to do simple tasks. After almost coming to tears it was then that I now know rim just applied the OS trackball/phyical keyboard to a touch screen device and it will not work for any past blackberry user who are now use to the brilliant well thought out short cut and one handed operations of past devices.

I do think 3rd party software will address all issues but just think how much better a simple popup screen with month and another for days,time,am/pm would of made this device closer in speed to past devices. Anyways just my 2 cents........

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    too bad you didn't like it. i use my storm with one hand with no problem. the only time i two hand it is when i'm typing in landscape. i really don't understand why you were having issues with adding an appointment. it is a very fast and user friendly task. was it that it was just slow? if so the .85 beta os cures that.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    AskMe

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I must agree with catstide there
    i guess you had to cringe when you typed that
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    AskMe

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The sexy look of the storm is tempting me to question the usefulness of my Bold/9000....

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Nice to see some more input on the topic. It was that slight akwardness in getting simple tasks done that bothered me, and the lack of keyboard quick keys for calls would be rather annoying.

All in all I think that a lot of the hype around the Storm is quite similar to the media attention the iPhone got/gets. The advantage the Storm has is the Blackberry name and functionality we all know and love but sadly, the Storm doesn't hold quite the same flashy appeal of the iPhone. I'm not typically in favor of a flashy GUI but a lot of people getting the Storm are doing so because of the touchscreen GUI.

RIM has and always will have the stronger functionality/business oriented rep, but the Storm is moreso a product meant to play Apples game, and there's still a lot of work to do to catch up.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12