Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by Ridicule .Archer, you're again presuming it's the same problem. . I'm not ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    .Archer, you're again presuming it's the same problem.
    I'm not presuming anything. By virtue of comprehensive research of the available (yet limited) reports my use of the phrase "the same problem" meaning same "general" problem. When one takes a good look at the issues with Orange & AT&T there are a lot of similarities. Besides, the specifics & technical issues aside, what is most damaging is the fact of the amount of negative press & the fact that this snowball is growing.

sent via BlackBerry

ptukhar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21BC47C7
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i just keep getting more and more surpised about the problems people have with the Bold outside Canada. Again not to repeat myself but i personally have NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with my Bold in Ottawa, ON Canada.
    I really dont understand where the problems come from.
    Could it be that the Bold that was delivered around the world was ONLY enhanced for the Rogers network and hence the glitches on other networks and hence why ATT is waiting for it to work perfectly on their 3G network before release ?
    Yep, I don't get it either. I'm using an unlocked Bold on AT&T. No issues at all on firmware .167. By far the best battery life on a 3G phone. I had a tilt and and a Iphone 3g, battery would last only half a day. The Bold on 3G lasts 2 days easily. I am also a heavy user of Viigo and email.. The bold is FAST!!!

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ like I have said in another thread, we the public, are not entitled to an explanation. Of course it's always so much better if we are in "the know," but like someone else said on this thread - the truth won't ever come out.

I think regardless of what the problems are with the device, os, cell providor, network, etc...something is being done about it..even if it is at a slower pace than what is desired.
    If RIM/ATT do issue a statement, I am sure it won't be of a specific nature and most likely, the statement will beat around the bush.

Personally, when the Bold does finally launch on ATT, I will wait for a month or so to see if ATT users are experiencing any problems. I don't want to shell out a bunch of money for a defective or not 100 percent product. Especially in the state of our economy right now!

Karlos16UK no está en línea Stack level 2
    I read this on Crackberry credit to original poster. Doesn't explain the reason Orange have dumped the Bold though

The issue is with the AT&T 3G Network. The Bold uses Multi PDP context in its data communications and the AT&T network is not optimized for it. It requires a 2-stage network software upgrade by its 3G vendor, Ericsson. Only 30% of the network is upgraded completely and the rest is still pending. If the device is launched without these upgrades the network will suffer bandwidth crunch and speeds would have to be capped at 128kbps! The Tri-State region is one of the market areas that is still in line for the upgrade which makes sense based on your experience with your Bold in NYC.

This upgrade effort is high priority and slotted to complete by Oct 31st. Nov 1st week is the planned launch timeframe for the Bold and with the latest firmware the BlackBerry Bold is a rock solid device, despite what you may have heard elsewhere
    No idea if it's correct

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos16UK View Post
    I read this on Crackberry credit to original poster. Doesn't explain the reason Orange have dumped the Bold though

No idea if it's correct
    that would make a LOT of sense to me.
    As far as orange they DID mention that the phone had SOFTWARE PROBLEMS and that is easily fixable especially since .162 is now an official OS and as much as .167 is better .162 was AMAZING compared to the older official OS.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ we the public, are not entitled to an explanation.

I think regardless of what the problems are .something is being done about it..even if it is at a slower pace than what is desired
    Excellent post!
    I agree that we are not entitled to inside info. What I do think is in RIM's best interest is to at least acknowledge the delay in a typical PR statement. That would quell the rumors which is the goal. If we look back at various PR problems other companies outside of the mobile space, have had. History teaches us that facing the issue & doing damage control is extremely beneficial. Reputation after all, Does Matter.
    Going forward there is no doubt in my mind that it will be properly sorted out in a reasonable time frame. However once again, here is another argument in favor of RIM issuing a PR statement _Now_ to stop the rumors.
    RIM has far too good of a track record to allow this to blemish it.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123