Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ok, so first off I'm a tried and true 9k user. I bought my dad ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

9700 vs 9000

Advertisement

Ok, so first off I'm a tried and true 9k user. I bought my dad one, and I use one on my t-mobile account. Now, with the intro of the 9700 on t-mobile I have to have one for the 3G alone, not to mention the extra RAM. Its on its way! I've been reading the posts on the new "BOLD" and as most are saying its not a new "BOLD" just an updated curve. That's where my gripe starts, I don't understand why RIM didn't keep the original design, change the battery door which seems obviously better on the 97k load it with 3G for t-mobile and give it the extra RAM. This makes more since to me than to redesign an entire device that many seem to find falling short of the BOLD name plate. I for one like the size of the 9k, large display, large keyboard, and so on. For those that don't like the size there are many alternatives, such as the 8900. The track pad seems nice but I know there are some that like the track ball(same when the wheel went to track ball). Anyway, my question is who has a 9700 or is getting one and wishes it would have been the size of the 9000? I suspect that I will get used to it, so its by,by 9000 on t-mobile,welcome 9700, and very big by,by to the iphone and welcome back 9000 on att.

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I never had a bold left att before it came out. Bought 2x9700, one for me and one for the wife. The device itself is super slick and super fast. I haven't had to reboot it except for app installs and deletions. GPS is great, 3G is great SE Denver!!! Get man!!! Kybd is definitely from 8900, 8300, and 9k.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Anyway, my question is who has a 9700 or is getting one and wishes it would have been the size of the 9000?
    I have both a "Real Bold 9000", and a Curve 8900.

Since the 8900 is the same size as the new improved Curve 9700, I will be not be spending my money on a new BlackBerry. It's too bad really, as I like to have the latest top of the line model each year.

Since RIM has robbed 9000 owners of the beautiful large display, and the comfortable roomy keyboard, I see little reason to go "backwards to a Curve 9700".

Yes the 9700 has new features and is a excellent device, I have never said it's not. But is it a Bold? NO, not even close.

There is nothing BOLD about this new Curve 9700. Previously I used an 8310 Curve which was another excellent BlackBerry.

However now that I'm used to the "Real Bold" RIM has lost my business this year.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    if we are talking about the code name, well bold 2 is a no go, but if we compare both the 8900 vs the 9700 there are a few differences, to me it doesnt matter if they call it bold curve or what ever they want all i care about on a device is specifications and features it offers, based on this this device is a big improvement over the bold and the 8900, that being said if you dont like to call the 9700 a bold, just call it the ONYX or the 9700 since in the about screen doesnt call itself as a Bold, and the 8900 doesnt mention the CURVE name either...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    With all the people " calling" the 9700 a "Curve 8900 V2" I wonder how long it will take for RIM to launch another REAL Bold II, but with another name tag ? Stick around folks...this is marketing at it's best !

PIN/ID
    Apple
    So true, yet I think what we're seeing is a turn in RIMs device offerings. It used to be that as you went up in the device offerings you got more features. 81xx,83xx,89xx,9k. Now, what I think we're seeing is that most of the devices are offering the same features as the rest just everyone has a little different design too them to fit the market. Some may like the size of the 8900 but want a bold keypad. There's your 9700 users, tour if your CDMA. Some may find that the track pad is not for them, 8900. So on and so on. The more I've thought about it the more I think this is where rim is going. Offering great devices with little design changes on each to appease the masses. Its no longer a I have the top BB, its I have this BB because I like this model the best. Wew, that was long at 6 in the morning. Still like my 9k screen.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Early to be on pinstack, I agree. I agree with your appraisal as well... it´s all got to do with supplying a model to a particular market... the more the merrier. Look at Samsung and Nokia...

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    eh, forget the names and just use numbers. this way nobody gets worked up over RIM giving a phone a name they don't agree with.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hear,hear...

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree, the 9000 just seems like a more solid and classy phone in your hands. It's way better for texting, sms etc......and the screen is better also. I will be keeping my beloved 9000 until Rim decides to release a proper 9000 replacement.

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851
    Well I have both the 8900,9000 and the 9700 and when i first got my 8900 i kept saying i wish i could a 9000 with the 8900 size and now i have it and cant complain. I love the phone. Some people dont like big phone like the 9000, I can say i miss somr features on the bold loike the screen but other than that I'm in love all over again.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    That's how I felt too! I'm debating on keeping my 9000 as a back up just in case "life happens" I am getting spoiled with the tackpad and T-mos 3g service glad I waited.
    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Well I have both the 8900,9000 and the 9700 and when i first got my 8900 i kept saying i wish i could a 9000 with the 8900 size and now i have it and cant complain. I love the phone. Some people dont like big phone like the 9000, I can say i miss somr features on the bold loike the screen but other than that I'm in love all over again.

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    Folks why the debate? The 9000 isn't going anywhere. It will continue to be sold and supported by RIM. This is just another choice. A year from now you'll have the same debate. It all come down to what you prefer.

Some people here talk as if RIM is discontinuing the 9000, which they have said is not true.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm soooo tempted to grab 2 Bold 9700's not too sure about the themes & apps though... with all the apps & themes I have purchased for my 9000 I'm hoping they all will work for the 9700... if not I might just stick with my 9000 til it ceases to work...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Themes from 8900 work fine on 9700 ! So do lots of applications. 9000 themes are a no no. I've tried...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast