Hi all, Hope somebody can help me to solve this issue.: my Bold 9700 trackpad ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sbslash no está en línea Stack level 1

9700 Trackpad doesn't move..

Advertisement

Hi all, Hope somebody can help me to solve this issue.:
    my Bold 9700 trackpad cannot move but still can select/click.
    I confident the trackpad was faulty and directly order from my local vendor.
    but once arrived, I installed but still same issue.

I already tried load new OS.. even downgrade to other version of OS still face the same issue.

Help me...

sbslash

Quote Originally Posted by sbslash View Post
    Hi all, Hope somebody can help me to solve this issue.:
    my Bold 9700 trackpad cannot move but still can select/click.
    I confident the trackpad was faulty and directly order from my local vendor.
    but once arrived, I installed but still same issue.

I already tried load new OS.. even downgrade to other version of OS still face the same issue.

Help me...

sbslash
    Howdy sbslash!

If you have the Desktop Software 6.0, and your (or a newer) OS installed on your computer, then follow this procedure:
    First, back up data.
    Remove your battery.
    With the Desktop Software already started, and without the battery, connect your device with the usb to your computer.
    DM will assume the device is bricked (even though it really isn't) and one of the fixes it will offer is to install/upgrade the OS. Choose this option.
    Important: Because DM believes your BB is bricked, it will not do a backup/restore during this operation. That's why you need to do the backup first!
    I'm not clear how or why, (if JeffAllen is reading in, he may know - he's the guru!) but the wipe DM does under these circumstances is more thorough, or deeper.
    After the actual OS upgrade has started (when it is loading modules, rebooting the device, etc.) then slip the battery back in, being careful not to disturb the usb cable.
    After the install, restore data.

If this doesn't work, then the problem is physical. On the other side of the trackpad, there is a cable (maybe 1" in length) that goes from the trackpad and through a hole in the board and then connects on the back of the board. At this connection and beyond is where the physical problem probably is - and it is most likely that you need a warranty replacement of the entire 9700.

Hope this helps! Keep us updated!

PS - Sorry it took so long to answer, and welcome to the community!! :-))

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks Mark for making this a little clearer. I was going to answer this, but the fact that it was the exact opposite issue of what I had on 2 previous 'Berries (a 7100t and an 8120), where I COULD scroll but could NOT select slightly confused me. I was hoping the process was the same. l ended up having to warranty replace both phones in the end.

lueska no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, I'm having the same problem with my new bb 9700. It came that way.
    I tried to do what you recommended, but the problem is that DS says there isn't any new update to my bb, so I can't actually wipe. What do I do now? I'm kind desperate.

Thanks in advance

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    (if JeffAllen is reading in, he may know - he's the guru!)

Lol that was funny, A normal reinstall of a OS just erases the original OS and installs the new one. From what I can guess is that a bricked device gets formatted and then the OS is installed so its a deep cleaned and the starts fresh. For a example take a piece of paper, a reload of a OS is like trying to erase a pencil mark off of it, it works but doesn't always clean it off. Bricking your device is different instead of using the eraser you would just grab a new clean sheet of paper. does that help anyone understand?

sbslash,
    If you have reloaded the OS already and the problem still occurs then its probably going to be a hardware issue. Bricking your phone then restoring from a brick might help but I highly doubt it. As Mark said pull the battery out and then connect it to your PC and reload the OS.

This is a LINK to probably the most viewed post ever on pinstack. it contains instruction on how to reload a bricked blackberry.

lueska,
    You need to download the latest os for your device off your carriers website and install it on your PC.
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 12-08-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

ducatiman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm not sure if this will help but on my first BB a while back the rollerball stopped working and I put a small amount of rubbing alcohol on it, and it worked!