Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is anyone dissatisfied with how slow their 9700 runs on 3G on T-mobile?! I'm in ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mcclafferty4 no está en línea Stack level 2

9700+T-Mobile 3G= Molasses

Advertisement

Is anyone dissatisfied with how slow their 9700 runs on 3G on T-mobile?! I'm in Columbus, OH and I cannopt believe how slow this bad boy runs. I even downloaded a different browser thinking that it was browser slowness issue. I have reloaded The OS 3 or 4 times and its driving me crazy! Example: I enter something into the google search box in the browser menu and it has taken up to 45 sec just to contact google! Any solutions, suggestions or comments?

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    I too, am in Columbus. my 3G has its days that it will work decent, but it has never been "superb". I have wifi at home so I'm able to disregard my 3G performance on my 9700.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.17405/908; U; en) Presto/2.4.15

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    Quote Originally Posted by mccx33 View Post
    I too, am in Columbus. my 3G has its days that it will work decent, but it has never been "superb". I have wifi at home so I'm able to disregard my 3G performance on my 9700.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.17405/908; U; en) Presto/2.4.15
    same here, 3G can't beat wifi

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Call T-Mobile and get a location of the nearest tower and see of they can't change some things to optimize your performance. When I was using the 9700 3G was pretty fast, not as fast as my iPhone on att or my nexus but pretty darn quick. Just for a comparison my nexus beats my iPhone everytime. Its dang close when comparing my friends 3Gs and my nexus and also my friends Droid. Sometimes my Nexus renders first other times Its the Droid. I would call CS and see what they say. Also what are your browser settings. I remember that if I had scripts and Java on it took a significant toll on speed.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Call T-Mobile and get a location of the nearest tower and see of they can't change some things to optimize your performance. When I was using the 9700 3G was pretty fast, not as fast as my iPhone on att or my nexus but pretty darn quick. Just for a comparison my nexus beats my iPhone everytime. Its dang close when comparing my friends 3Gs and my nexus and also my friends Droid. Sometimes my Nexus renders first other times Its the Droid. I would call CS and see what they say. Also what are your browser settings. I remember that if I had scripts and Java on it took a significant toll on speed.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    I actually have changed my browser settings around with no remedy. I had an 8900 before running 5.0 and I felt that the browser speed was pretty close. I did test out a MyTouch for a week and was amazed at how much faster that was than any Blackberry I have ever touched. I really wish Blackberry could do something about their processing speed. On the other hand, I bought this 9700 off of someone on Craigslist and I'm thinking that this may just be bum hardware.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mcclafferty4 View Post
    I actually have changed my browser settings around with no remedy. I had an 8900 before running 5.0 and I felt that the browser speed was pretty close. I did test out a MyTouch for a week and was amazed at how much faster that was than any Blackberry I have ever touched. I really wish Blackberry could do something about their processing speed. On the other hand, I bought this 9700 off of someone on Craigslist and I'm thinking that this may just be bum hardware.
    Have your thought about Wiping the device with something like BBSAK or CrackMem??? You might need to totally clean the device and reload an OS new version, or your Provider's authorized OS version... then you can start with a very clean device like it is suppose to come from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Have your thought about Wiping the device with something like BBSAK or CrackMem??? You might need to totally clean the device and reload an OS new version, or your Provider's authorized OS version... then you can start with a very clean device like it is suppose to come from the factory.
    Good idea! I haven't tried that yet. If that doesnt work I'm going to re-sell it on craigslist and but one at invoice from T-mobile so it has a warranty etc.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    My home is about 8 blocks from the nearest tower, and although I've noticed an increase in speed going from the 8900 to a 3G 9700, it wasn't a significant increase. The other day I stopped near the tower to check something on the web -- WOW! MUCH faster, so I suspect proximity to the tower is more important than I thought.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    nothing really wrong with our phones- tmo 3g is just slow
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

I used the BBSAK and did the low level wipe and the phone runs twice as fast. Its not as fast as the T-Mobile Android phones but it finally runs faster than my 8900 did. i noticed that there's about 20mb of memory that was freed up after that wipe. Big thanks goes out to fatboy97!

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    I use a lot of phones and I think it really comes down to the phone. I am running an unbranded and unlocked prototype 9700 on AT&T in NYC. On phones that have good browsers like my Nokia N97 or HTC Touch Diamond, they run 3.5G super fast, but in the exact same spot on my Blackberry 9000 or 9700 its not as fast. I know im using AT&T but I think my point is maybe its not the 1700 pick up but the sub par browser on this phone (otherwise I love the phone).

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135
    I live in Atlanta and have just switched from the ATT bold 9700 to the T-mobile bold 9700 and can honestly say that I do not see a noticable difference between the two.

dc2rjun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmike View Post
    I live in Atlanta and have just switched from the ATT bold 9700 to the T-mobile bold 9700 and can honestly say that I do not see a noticable difference between the two.
    ..thats because both are HSPA 7.2 networks, Tmobile is supposed to have HSPA 21 up by the end of this year.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    it all depends on the area and tower, if it hasn't been upgraded from the origional UMTS you'll get upto a functional 600kbps or so and if they have upgraded to HSDPA then you could get over 6mbps. in columbus i get a lil over 600kbps but in cincinnati i get just over 6meg. granted in cinci its pulling off cincinnati bell towers

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmike View Post
    Really! I honestly don't notice a difference between EDGE and 3G on my BB Bold 2 in ATL. Fortunately that is not a big issue for me. I go WIFI when I need speed. 3G is real spotty in ATL. My brother has the G1 and he complains also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast