Today I took my device off the charger at 5:30am, then throughout the morning and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Smile 9700 Still Rocks

Advertisement

Today I took my device off the charger at 5:30am, then throughout the morning and early afternoon made/received several phone calls. I had to change and add new appointments to the calendar, updated some notes in my diary (on Word To Go), and sent off several photos via email of a piece of equipment that had broken down. When I left work early in the afternoon, I went to a restaurant and logged in to their wifi and got caught up on FaceBook, email (gmail, Yahoo and my T-Mobile email box) and then spent about 45 minutes watching Leo Kottke videos on YouTube (with no pauses for buffering). When I got home, made more phone calls, spent about an hour (?) watching more guitarists on YouTube (logged in to my home router) (still no buffering) then played that addictive Word Mole game. I logged in to Blackberry dot com to see if they had added new selections to their free desktop and ringtone area; discovered they did and did some downloads. Just now, I set the device to Bedside mode (where it emulates an alarm clock) and plugged it in to charge overnight. Battery was still at 85%. I saw no hourglasses today. Oh yeah, I forgot, while in the john I looked at several pictures of my grandkids (I have about 3,900 pictures and videos on my microSD).

Although this model's hair is turning grey (it has been 8 or 9 months since release) it is still rocking. And I don't even have a data plan.
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 07-13-2010 at 04:18 AM. Reason: badd speeling

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yeah, the 9700 it a very well built, smooth, and powerful device. I'm excited to see how well it works with blackberry 6
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

jncp_83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2193DF0B
    NICE!! I have the 8900 curve right now, but my next blackberry will be this baby (BOLD 9700).
    JNCP_83

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    im just hoping that 6.0 wont mess anything with the battery, becuase battery on 5.0 is super! i almost almost went 2 days without charging the phone-- but i guess i dont use my phone THAT much as Mr. Stone up there
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    9700 is the Big Boss! Period!

Oh yeah, I forgot something - I did not have to put Duct Tape on it in order to get it to work hahahahahahaha!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...even if you did, which you don't need to, it would work just the same ! It would look out of place though...Yuch !

rje
    rje no está en línea Stack level 1
    From what I hear OS 6 will not be available for the 9700. I'm waiting for the 9800. That's the phone I want. The 9700 is the logical evolution for where they were last year. Things change.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Everything I've seen says there will be a 6.0 for the 9700.

I don't have the article(s) in front of me, but the CEO at RIM has stated that six will be introduced for the 9700 and newer. Believe I saw it at CrackBerry,

rje
    rje no está en línea Stack level 1
    Which RIM CEO? Jim Balsillie? If he did say it, do us all a favour and post the quote. Word is that only devices with 512mb will be upgraded and the 9700 is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by rje View Post
    Which RIM CEO? Jim Balsillie? If he did say it, do us all a favour and post the quote. Word is that only devices with 512mb will be upgraded and the 9700 is not there.
    I'll try to find it this afternoon

http://www.osnews.com/story/23213/RI...ckBerry_OS_6_0
    Quote: "BlackBerry 6 won't leave owners of older phones behind, the CEOs promised. The OS is designed for the company's "current platforms," Lazaridis said." At the date of this interview, the 9700 was the newest model.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363122,00.asp
    This one is from April, and, again, the newest model at the time of the interview was the 9700. The RIM CEOs said it would be compatible .

There were a few more interviews and several more articles, but these two will suffice. I think 6.0 may be available for devices with 256mb+

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    uuuhhh i cant wait for 6.o!!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)