I can get the 9700 refurb from AT&T for $60. I have the Curve 8310...I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

9700 refurb

Advertisement

I can get the 9700 refurb from AT&T for $60. I have the Curve 8310...I got it Nov 2007 and LOVE IT! I haven't upgraded because well I just love my Curve. But I am in the mood for an upgrade. Is a refurb a good purchase? My first and only refurb was a Curve 8310 and it kept restarting so I had to send it back and just got a new one. So I am a little hesitate to buy another refurb BUT I do have my 8310 if it doesn't work right.

So to buy the refurb or not to buy, that is the question.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

I say to go ahead and get it - the $60 price is great for this device. Also, coming from AT&T it will have a return policy if it does not work. Keep in mind that the keypad/keys on the 9700 are smaller than you are used to, but it's not that much smaller to be an issue. Other than that, I think you would be very happy with the upgrade: faster processor (no more spinning hourglass); better camera; better screen (480 by 360, but smaller and more dense pixelation = sharper images); etc. I think you'd be very happy.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have bought refurbs in the past and have always had go luck with them. I have a friend that works for AT&T and he told me that many of the refurbs are actually new. Many of them are the phones that someone tried out for a week or so. I absolutely love my 9700...it's by far the best BB that i have ever owned.

Jtetch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I used to be with AT&T and had a few refurbished phones from them with no problem. And like Mark said, it'll come with a return policy so you are covered.

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My 9700 is a refurb. My upgrade cost me a penny. Yes you read that right. A penny. And I love it! Besides, even if you buy brand spanking new out the box, if you need to get a replacement they give you a refurb anyway. That's how I got my 1st refurb & I've never looked back!

richnere no está en línea Stack level 2
    The 9700 is a great device. A nice update from the 8310! Go for it!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Well, I am glad I waited! I got the 9700 refurb for $30! I am excited. I love my Curve so if the refurb doesn't work right, I can always rely on my Curve!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Congrats, you got a deal on the best Berry!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, that's great. It'll probably work as good if not better than a new one. Congrats!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks! I hope I have better luck with this refurb then I did my first one. I can't wait to get it and to play! Any apps or accessories that a must for the 9700?
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, you have tons more space for apps, so load away! I didn't really ever load many apps on my 8310 except for the Bellshare apps (BerryWeather, BerryPopup and BerryBuzz), which I still have on my 9700. I now have Pandora, iHeartRadio, Nobex Radio Companion, Unsynced Media Player, Google Maps, VQTracker (mileage tracker app), Twitter for BB, Facebook, SocialScope, Poynt, YouVersion Bible, eDictionary.com, Bank of America, DirecTV, CardStar, Google Voice, Lookout Mobile Backup/Security, Sensobi Contact Manager, etc...

As for accessories, I'm using the Seidio Innocase 360.....covers the whole device including the keyboard. Seidio has come out with a new Rugged case, which incorporates the Innocase 360, but adds a couple more layers of protection not unlike and Otterbox. Thinking of checking it out. Bought a charging pod from Seidio as well, which works with or without the case on the device.

Here are some nice cases from Speck......they have a clear, hardshell case like you described in the other thread.
    Last edited by RogerG; 05-25-2010 at 11:29 AM.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    That case looks perfect! Thanks!

I don't have many apps on my 8310 either...just google maps, facebook, my bank app, my cast weather and one game.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks for the list of apps. I wanted a Bible app on my phone so I checked out YouVersion...looks great and I can get NIV! Thanks again!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    for $60 I'd grab two of them! LOL I upgraded from my 8330 to a refurb Bold 9000 a while back and never had any issues... best part about it, when I upgraded the device was free!!! It's a win-win situation for $60!! Go for it!!!